Enough Already

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

uosportsguy01
Two Star Recruit

Enough Already

Post by uosportsguy01 »

We're 7-2 after tonights loss, which obviously is very respectable, but at some point the lack of hitting needs to be addressed.

I'm in no way advocating whole sale changes or anything, but seriously would it really hurt to maybe sit a guy or 2 for a game in order to let them relax and clear their head?

We currently have 4 regulars batting .100 or lower, each with a total of 1 hit on the season (actually 1 of them has 2). Seriously, would the drop off be THAT bad trying to mix in someone else? I'd like to see some others get an at bat or 2, who knows, maybe a hit would happen.... We had a total of 4 hits tonight (2 by Healy). Altobelli and Healy have been hitting great and Heineman is holding his own, but the rest are in the midst of season opening slumps. Lets just call it like it is.

Again, I'm not pushing the panic button and say switch everything up, however I would like to see some others get an at bat or 2 here and there.

Seriously, could it hurt?
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Enough Already

Post by oregontrack »

i mentioned in the fullerton thread that hambright needs to be pushed down. a guy batting 1/32 on the season just can't be hitting clean up for you. it's a wonder anybody ever pitches to healy. why not walk him every time and get to hambright?

three weeks isn't a long period of time in the baseball world, but it's still a sizeable chunk of the college season. hopefully, some changes will be made if fullerton continues to clean our clocks. horton can't be pleased.

heineman moving back to 3B and putting one of the new additions (baumgartner/tollman/catalano) permanently in the OF may help out.
ImageImageImageImageImage
uosportsguy01
Two Star Recruit

Re: Enough Already

Post by uosportsguy01 »

I was able to attend game tonight and was happy to see Hoffman in lineup.

We outhit Fullerton and if not for Lorenzens home run in first, good game by Oregon. Hambright and Garlick with hits, and Healy again with another 2 hit night. I happened to be behind a scout when Lorenzen came in to close and he was 95-98, nice kid to bring in at the end of the game.

In the 7th, we brought in Packard to pinch hit and Tolman was on deck, so Horton finally decided to mix in a few others, which is what I was advocating in the thread. I noticed Fullerton used plenty of their younger kids getting them an at bat here and there, trying to mix somethings up.

I liked Hoffman out in right, he's very solid defensively and with his speed, can make things happen at the plate, nice job by Horton mixing him in. All and all, we still lose tonight, however in my opinion, a game that could have gone either way.

Hopefully tomorrow we can go out and get the final game in the series.