NCAA TOURNAMENT THREAD

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: NCAA TOURNAMENT THREAD

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Wow, can't believe Marquette killed Miami. And Syracuse beat Indiana fairly easily.

I need Duke, Oregon, Florida, and Kansas tomorrow to keep my bracket alive.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

This Syracuse-Marquette game is just ugly to watch. Both teams can't hit the broad side of a barn today.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Really, really wish I picked Michigan. I was so close to picking them over Kansas... They are playing great.

Props to Wichita too, they took advantage of a weaker bracket and showed tOSU who is boss.

Go Duke! Keep my bracket alive.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Anybody see what just happened to Louisville's backup PG Ware. He tried to block a shot and when he landed his lower leg just buckled in half. Probably one of the nastiest injuries I've seen in BB. Looks like he fractured some bones in his leg. Everyone on the court, bench, and stands were just sickened and some started crying.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

greenyellow wrote:Anybody see what just happened to Louisville's backup PG Ware. He tried to block a shot and when he landed his lower leg just buckled in half. Probably one of the nastiest injuries I've seen in BB. Looks like he fractured some bones in his leg. Everyone on the court, bench, and stands were just sickened and some started crying.

Horrible. Will be interesting to see how Louisville plays after this.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

duckgrad99 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Anybody see what just happened to Louisville's backup PG Ware. He tried to block a shot and when he landed his lower leg just buckled in half. Probably one of the nastiest injuries I've seen in BB. Looks like he fractured some bones in his leg. Everyone on the court, bench, and stands were just sickened and some started crying.

It was so nasty, i saw it all. Not shocking if its broken bone or like what duckgrad99 said, fractured some bones in his leg. it sicken me seeing that happen, hope he will be fine.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OreDucks01284 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:

It was so nasty, i saw it all. Not shocking if its broken bone or like what duckgrad99 said, fractured some bones in his leg. it sicken me seeing that happen, hope he will be fine.
Most likely broke his fibula with how his leg bent. Wouldn't be surprised if his tibia was also.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Snapped them both in half. Hard injury to come back from. Really sad for him.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Anyone else watching this Duke-lville game, and think we played them better then Duke is? Honestly Smith is missing shots he nailed against us, or this would be a 20 point lead. Also Artis/Loyd are the only ones to slow down Silva in the tourney.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Louisville sure is impressive. I do think Oregon played them well, and for the most part handled their press. Wonder if Russ Smith will go to the NBA next season.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:Anyone else watching this Duke-lville game, and think we played them better then Duke is? Honestly Smith is missing shots he nailed against us, or this would be a 20 point lead. Also Artis/Loyd are the only ones to slow down Silva in the tourney.
That's what I'm thinking while watching it. Duke just panicked in the 2nd half while Oregon actually looked fairly solid. Have to think that Oregon may be the only team that gives the Cards a test at all.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Like greenyellow said I think it makes oregon look even better
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Anyone else watching this Duke-lville game, and think we played them better then Duke is? Honestly Smith is missing shots he nailed against us, or this would be a 20 point lead. Also Artis/Loyd are the only ones to slow down Silva in the tourney.
The play of Woods and Austin killed the ducks the first 8 minutes of the game. All the talking heads spoke about the mismatch with Oregon at guard. The true mismatch was in the middle, not the pressure from the press.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

So brutal. I almost puked and cried. That stuff is so hard to watch, a body shouldn't do that.

Really hope he recovers soon.

0 for 4 on my final four...

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I really don't want to see a Louisville/Syracuse championship game.