#1 Louisville vs #12 Oregon (Friday 4:10 pm pst)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

#1 Louisville vs #12 Oregon (Friday 4:10 pm pst)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Sweet Sixteen!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck24
Senior

#1 Louisville vs #12 Oregon

Post by Duck24 »

Needless to say, they'll need to play the best game of the year by a large margin.
Duck07
All-American

Re: #1 Louisville vs #12 Oregon

Post by Duck07 »

Let's do this! Our defense is giving everyone fits, no reason to think we can't do it to Pitino and Co.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Duck07 wrote:Let's do this! Our defense is giving everyone fits, no reason to think we can't do it to Pitino and Co.

Ahhh its not our defense that worries me my friend, its theirs. If they turn us over a bunch we got no chance. And we are turnover prone even without a crazy press.

However. My way to early prediction:

UO 63 Louisville 59
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

You guys thought St Louis fans were too confident? Look at this. The Cardinal faithful are already talking about playing Duke

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2755&t=11405518
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Duck24 wrote:Needless to say, they'll need to play the best game of the year by a large margin.
Pretty much haha
If they turn us over a bunch we got no chance
Yup, and we like to turn the ball over. If that happens, we will pay.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

DAT_man_again wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Let's do this! Our defense is giving everyone fits, no reason to think we can't do it to Pitino and Co.

Ahhh its not our defense that worries me my friend, its theirs. If they turn us over a bunch we got no chance. And we are turnover prone even without a crazy press.

However. My way to early prediction:

UO 63 Louisville 59
That was right about what I was thinking. I have the Ducks by three. If Oregon gets past Louisville, I'd like their chances against Duke for the same reason as UL - lack of depth. On the other hand, Michigan State looks really good right now.

If we were to get to the Final Four, and that's a BIG "IF", we'd have a resume of having beaten Oklahoma State, Saint Louis, Louisville and either Duke or MSU. That would be incredible, but not impossible. We're peaking at the right time.

Go Ducks!!!
John 3:36
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

......welp its been a great season.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

justducky0 wrote:......welp its been a great season.
Pussy...just saying.
IUFan
High School Drop Out

Post by IUFan »

Hey guys! Huge IU fan checking in here. I just stopped by to say that I LOVE your team! I bought tickets to the Midwest Regional about 6 months ago because I had a hunch IU would be there if they had a good year. Well, they didn't get Indy but I still have tickets. Needless to say, I will be there next weekend cheering on the Ducks as they hopefully upset Louisville! Go Ducks and Go Hoosiers!!!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

IUFan wrote:Hey guys! Huge IU fan checking in here. I just stopped by to say that I LOVE your team! I bought tickets to the Midwest Regional about 6 months ago because I had a hunch IU would be there if they had a good year. Well, they didn't get Indy but I still have tickets. Needless to say, I will be there next weekend cheering on the Ducks as they hopefully upset Louisville! Go Ducks and Go Hoosiers!!!
Welcome to the board and thanks for the support.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

justducky0 wrote:......welp its been a great season.
Get out of here! Have some confidence in your team!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

This is a very winnable game for Oregon! Sure Louisville will be the favorite and rightfully so, but in no way will this be an easy win for Louisville. Oregon has a very talented and deep team, and they have what it takes. They do need to do a few things:

First, Kazemi needs to continue to be extremely active and dominate the boards. Louisville starts an undersized PF and hardly plays a backup PF, so expect Kazemi to be all over the boards again. However, Woods will need to step up his game. We don't need Woods to be a huge scorer, but we need him to be active on both sides of the court. He'll have his work cut out for him against Gorgui Dieng, so Woods needs to bring his A game. Also, Waverly needs to have a big game too. The second biggest big that Louisville plays is 6-9, and he doesn't play that much either. So when Waverly is in, he'll probably be the biggest guy on the court easily, and he needs to utilize that and grab those rebounds on both sides of the court as well as not allowing easy buckets inside. Our bigs need to play big.

Second, turnovers need to stop! The turnovers are just getting ridiculous and stupid. Some of the turnovers are the type of turnovers you see in high school games, and it's amazing Oregon has been able to win somewhat easily despite their horrific turnovers. They need to take care of the ball and make each possession count. If Singler has 8 turnovers again, we're done.

Third, Oregon needs to run. Altman plays more guys than Louisville, so Oregon needs to keep the tempo somewhat fast while taking good care of the ball. We also need good minutes from the bench players. Oregon needs to try and wear Louisville down while staying fresh. But, by far the most important key for Oregon is to take care of the freakin ball!

If Oregon continues their hot shooting , and if the bigs play great, and if they hold onto the ball while keeping a fairly fast tempo, Oregon has a great chance of pulling off the big upset. I can't wait for this game! GO DUCKS!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The ville isn' t anything we haven't seen. They aren't 90 UNLV or any of the duke title teams. They have nice talent, but no more then Arizona has.

UO 71
Ville 62
chapelhillduck
Senior

#1 Louisville vs #12 Oregon

Post by chapelhillduck »

They are very much like 90s Kentucky teams though....there's a chance we have 30 turnovers