#1 Louisville vs #12 Oregon (Friday 4:10 pm pst)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: #1 Louisville vs #12 Oregon (Friday 4:10 pm pst)

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Though I've seen Aaron Gordon play a couple times in the Les Schwab invitational and he's the closest thing I've seen to Arsalan as far as rebounding, versatility, and hustle. He would help us out tremendously next year.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Regarding Artis, he needs to work on his floater. If he can get down a floater he'll be near unstoppable.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

I haven't read through this thread at all, so I don't know what's been said...

I love Altman, but he lost the game by stubbornly leaving Woods and Austin on the court for the first 10 minutes, and constantly forcing the ball inside.

All season we've started in a huge hole by forcing the ball inside. Weaker opponents have let our perimeter players and Kazemi get us back into it. It wasn't going to work against Louisville. Just shades of Chip and his stubbornness by Altman. Forcing it inside on offense to Woods and Austin leads to two points maybe 10% of the time. The other 90 it's either a turn over or a missed awkward shot. I've never understood trying to force the game with Woods. It's worked in maybe two games in his two years at Oregon. And neither of those players are going to contribute against a good team with rebounds or defense. They're both just too slow.

That strategy just put us in a massive hole instantly, and it would have honestly been a miracle if we had crawled out. It just sucks because we really were capable of playing with Louisville.

I don't even want to get started on the officiating. Calling their scrubs for fouls away from the ball when we've already secured the defensive rebound to make the count look even, while *subtly* giving Smith the star treatment and calling a foul every time he dropped his should and bowled into the lane.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Any chance Carter develops into a Kazemi type player?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I've watched a ton of these games, and I don't see to many centers worth a crap anywhere in college basketball. Woods is about avg. Would have liked to see him be more aggressive, but centers are like a QB tough to find. Wish Carter was 6'10 or so, he has the skill to be a decent big man but I don't see him beating out Jordan Bell next year at PF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIVBbfcWqqU
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Good run Ducks...But, you got handled by a superior team tonight.....Not the best officiating, but then again, the Ducks didn't play their best game either...Tough to do against a quality team...Anyway...NOW, onto football....GOOOOOO DUCKS...
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

#1 Louisville vs #12 Oregon (Friday 4:10 pm pst)

Post by duckduckgoose »

I really thought they were back in the game toward the end of the first half, but played a bad couple minutes and the lead went from 10 to 16. If they had kept it at ten or less to end the half the pressure would have really been on the Cards.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:I've watched a ton of these games, and I don't see to many centers worth a crap anywhere in college basketball. Woods is about avg. Would have liked to see him be more aggressive, but centers are like a QB tough to find. Wish Carter was 6'10 or so, he has the skill to be a decent big man but I don't see him beating out Jordan Bell next year at PF.

What if Oregon manages to land Aaron Gordon? Will Carter see the court at all or will one of them get time at C or SF?
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

We lost. I accept that the better team won but subtract the first five minutes and we played them even in spite of Dotson being in the deep freeze. This team has heart. I think the preseason polls had them in the bottom half of the PAC 12.

Frankly I think Altman is a genius. Give him equal talent to other top teams and he will be unstoppable.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

ducksvb6 wrote:We lost. I accept that the better team won but subtract the first five minutes and we played them even in spite of Dotson being in the deep freeze. This team has heart. I think the preseason polls had them in the bottom half of the PAC 12.

Frankly I think Altman is a genius. Give him equal talent to other top teams and he will be unstoppable.
Oregon was giving Louisville all they could handle but just came out looking a little rattled, which you can't do against a team like that.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:I've watched a ton of these games, and I don't see to many centers worth a crap anywhere in college basketball. Woods is about avg. Would have liked to see him be more aggressive, but centers are like a QB tough to find. Wish Carter was 6'10 or so, he has the skill to be a decent big man but I don't see him beating out Jordan Bell next year at PF.

What if Oregon manages to land Aaron Gordon? Will Carter see the court at all or will one of them get time at C or SF?
Carter really needs to develop his jump shot if he's going to help this team.... This offense really needs a stretch 4 on the court.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Were those Pac12 refs? Sure helped Louisville out a lot tonight.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Phenom wrote:Any chance Carter develops into a Kazemi type player?
doubtful
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

ducksrock wrote:Good run Ducks...But, you got handled by a superior team tonight.....Not the best officiating, but then again, the Ducks didn't play their best game either...Tough to do against a quality team...Anyway...NOW, onto baseball....GOOOOOO DUCKS...
Fixed that for you! ;)
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

I came in hoping for Oregon to keep it competitive and not get blown out, and Oregon kept on fighting until the end. Louisville was clearly the better team, but I'm still thrilled with how the season panned out. The future is bright, and Dana Altman is an incredible coach.

Going to miss the Maehl Man