Hadn't heard about this 2013 6'8" Juco guard

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Hadn't heard about this 2013 6'8" Juco guard

Post by woundedknees »

http://www.jucorecruiting.com/jamal-jon ... l-tourney/

"Jones averaged nearly 20 points and 5 rebounds per game this season at Lee. He is a transfer from Ole Miss. Jones is being recruited the heaviest by: Arkansas, Baylor, Oregon, Georgetown, San Diego State, TCU & Texas A & M."

Evidently ended up at Lee College after dismissal from Ole Miss, last year (Unspecified violation of team rules).

2010 highlight video:

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Re: Hadn't heard about this 2013 6'8" Juco guard

Post by greenyellow »

Not sure there's room for him unless they miss out on Gordon and possibly grayshirt someone else.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i think one in a thousand kids greyshirt in basketball. and that might be generous.

i think at least one duck is certainly taking their talents elsewhere.
ImageImageImageImageImage
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

oregontrack wrote:i think one in a thousand kids greyshirt in basketball. and that might be generous.

i think at least one duck is certainly taking their talents elsewhere.
Really hope it isn't Willie Moore. I'm guessing Fred Richardson. I'd be disappointed if either player left. Richardson has the potential to be a solid role player. Kuemper is the guy that I'd encourage to transfer if I were Altman.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Moore has shown promise in my opinion. Didn't look comfortable handling the ball ever, but he has quick hands on defense and gets to the hoop very well. Especially for a freshman. I really hope he doesn't transfer. I hope Fred doesn't go, too. He seems like one of the guys that gets the team going before the game and on the bench. Guys like that are important, and with Loyd only having a year left, we're gonna need Fred's enthusiasm. Plus it looks like he has some game.

I don't think Kuemper has much of a future here. He seems like a nice kid, and none of us have seen him play enough to make a real judgement, but Altman doesn't seem to have a very high opinion of him.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Kyle's Brother wrote:Moore has shown promise in my opinion. Didn't look comfortable handling the ball ever, but he has quick hands on defense and gets to the hoop very well. Especially for a freshman. I really hope he doesn't transfer. I hope Fred doesn't go, too. He seems like one of the guys that gets the team going before the game and on the bench. Guys like that are important, and with Loyd only having a year left, we're gonna need Fred's enthusiasm. Plus it looks like he has some game.

I don't think Kuemper has much of a future here. He seems like a nice kid, and none of us have seen him play enough to make a real judgement, but Altman doesn't seem to have a very high opinion of him.
Richardson just so happened to come in and be stuck behind Emory, Dotson, And Singler in the wing/SG rotation. He probably would have been better served redshirting and not wasting his first year over meaningless minutes. I really think Moore could turn into a serviceable rotation player if he develops well.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I'd be really disappointed if either Richardson or Moore left. Hopefully they have the maturity to look ahead & know that they'll be very important pieces for the future. It seems like both guys are really happy here though, they're the two most enthusiastic guys on the bench & in social media. Kuemper really should try to transfer though, there's not a spot for him to be a big contributer.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Haven't seen much of Richardson... but I wasn't a big fan from what I saw from Moore. It would probably be a good thing if both transfered... especially if we brought in another JC perimeter player.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

With Gordon going to Arizona, Oregon is now after Jones.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Need another big body, Jones would be a big pickup for us.

Given our recent history with JCs, would only make sense for someone like Jones to come to Oregon.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

might as well use up that last roster spot
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

bring him in.
ImageImageImageImageImage
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Two deep is looking promising with Artis, loyd at PG, Dotson and Abdil Bassit at 2, Cook at SF, Bell and Carter at PF. That said our inside still has a hole with Austin really being our only guaranteed option, would love to land one more player especially one who can play the 5 and 4.

Man looking at that list the big Brazilian is key to our team next year, it will be rough with just Austin at C. Get him in and at a JC player like Jones who can play all three spots from C to SF, and we could go 9 deep next year. Nothing helps youth and inexperience like depth.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Boom wrote:might as well use up that last roster spot
But I already think the roster is filled up, unless someone transfers or one of the new recruits doesn't get in, since there's only 13 scholarships allowed for MBB. Roster for next year (scholarship players only) looks like this:

SR: Loyd and Austin
JR: Abdul-Bassit
SO: Kuemper, Carter, Artis, Dotson, Richardson, Moore, and Cook
FR: Lapray, Bell, and Felicio

Throw in the Robinson twins, Armstead, Lucenti, and Baker and you really got a full bench.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Two deep is looking promising with Artis, loyd at PG, Dotson and Abdil Bassit at 2, Cook at SF, Bell and Carter at PF. That said our inside still has a hole with Austin really being our only guaranteed option, would love to land one more player especially one who can play the 5 and 4.

Man looking at that list the big Brazilian is key to our team next year, it will be rough with just Austin at C. Get him in and at a JC player like Jones who can play all three spots from C to SF, and we could go 9 deep next year. Nothing helps youth and inexperience like depth.
Agreed, the post position isn't too deep. And I'm not a big fan of Waverly, to be honest. Hopefully Felicio gets into UO, and can play some D/rebound right off the bat.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13