OL.com story about Reza Aleaziz

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

OL.com story about Reza Aleaziz

Post by greenyellow »

OregonLive has a story about future UO pitcher Reza Aleaziz. I know TK1 will be interested.

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/ ... cart_river
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: OL.com story about Reza Aleaziz

Post by UOducksTK1 »

It's awesome to see him doing well. It's still kinda surreal seeing him move closer and closer to the big stage. It'll be interested to see where he gets drafted too. Some teams have been wanting him in this year's draft.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
uosportsguy01
Two Star Recruit

Post by uosportsguy01 »

I noticed that Reza is enrolled at OSU. What happened, thought he was coming here?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

uosportsguy01 wrote:I noticed that Reza is enrolled at OSU. What happened, thought he was coming here?
His advisor said OSU would be more ideal for him, because Oregon/Horton likes to pitch cali guys. And he would likely see the field more/quicker at OSU than at UO. So Reza decommitted and made the switch.

I was pretty pissed at him, and honestly I think that's a load of crap. He's pretty good, he would see time in Oregon's bullpen over the next couple years.

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
uosportsguy01 wrote:I noticed that Reza is enrolled at OSU. What happened, thought he was coming here?
His advisor said OSU would be more ideal for him, because Oregon/Horton likes to pitch cali guys. And he would likely see the field more/quicker at OSU than at UO. So Reza decommitted and made the switch.

I was pretty pissed at him, and honestly I think that's a load of crap. He's pretty good, he would see time in Oregon's bullpen over the next couple years.
someone actually said that, and the kid believed him? is this kid developmentally disabled?

last i checked, both oregon and oregon state are returning all three weekend starters from this past season, but both will have bullpen openings and both will have a few starting rotation spots open after 2014. if he outpitches an established arm, both horton and casey have shown they have no problem pitching freshmen. if that's actually what happened, that kid fell for a rather stupid outright fabrication.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

oregontrack wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

someone actually said that, and the kid believed him? is this kid developmentally disabled?

last i checked, both oregon and oregon state are returning all three weekend starters from this past season, but both will have bullpen openings and both will have a few starting rotation spots open after 2014. if he outpitches an established arm, both horton and casey have shown they have no problem pitching freshmen. if that's actually what happened, that kid fell for a rather stupid outright fabrication.
That's what I told him, but apparently his advisor "knows about the MLB" and said his best shot is at OSU. Believe me, our friendship isn't the same anymore. Not even for the fact he went to OSU, but his reasoning for switching.

Horton was very upset and asked if he was scared to play at UO.

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

yeah, that's nuts. casey is an incredible coach and is no stranger to putting kids into minor/major league organizations, but horton is actually the one considered the pitching guru.
ImageImageImageImageImage
uosportsguy01
Two Star Recruit

Post by uosportsguy01 »

No doubt a tough decision for him. I wish him luck, hope he kills it, except of course when playing us!