Christiano Felicio

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Christiano Felicio

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Taking his SAT, hopefully he does well.

@Felicio_06: In two hours, I'm going to do one of the most important test of my life. Much better prepared this time! Hopefully it will work! SAT time
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Christiano Felicio

Post by duckgrad99 »

Like his attitude. I bet he did well, and look forward to seeing him play next season.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

He came up short on his SAT score, but will be taking it again soon...

Going to miss the Maehl Man
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Ratz!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bummer.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

Yeah, I think at this point we should expect him not to qualify. If he does qualify, that would be awesome though. There is another SAT test taking period around the beginning of June, so he still has a shot to make it.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

I don't imagine that the UO is allowed to assist in any way, like say a test tutor?
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I think people should get more indignant about a kid who can't pass the SAT than a kid who gets busted for smoking weed. It's a much worse problem for both the individual and society. I think it's pretty unreasonable how many people are left unprepared after thirteen years of education (K-12). It's not that hard of a test.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Tray Dub wrote:I think people should get more indignant about a kid who can't pass the SAT than a kid who gets busted for smoking weed. It's a much worse problem for both the individual and society. I think it's pretty unreasonable how many people are left unprepared after thirteen years of education (K-12). It's not that hard of a test.
Considering he's only been in the US for a year and still improving his English, there's no reason to really go hard on him. Plus, getting busted for anything by the cops shows a lack of good judgement on when to do something and how poorly someone follows the law.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

greenyellow wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:I think people should get more indignant about a kid who can't pass the SAT than a kid who gets busted for smoking weed. It's a much worse problem for both the individual and society. I think it's pretty unreasonable how many people are left unprepared after thirteen years of education (K-12). It's not that hard of a test.
Considering he's only been in the US for a year and still improving his English, there's no reason to really go hard on him. Plus, getting busted for anything by the cops shows a lack of good judgement on when to do something and how poorly someone follows the law.
I don't agree with your second sentence, but I wasn't aware he's only been in the US for a year. So for him my opinion doesn't apply, though I still consider it true.

And I don't really think we should be hard on the student necessarily. The responsibility to educate a child has to lie more on the educational system and less on the child. That's less the case the older the student gets, but still applies even for high schoolers.

But now that I'm aware of Felicio's situation, this is all off topic because it doesn't apply to him... My bad :/
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Thank your local teachers' union.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

nogerO wrote:
Thank your local teachers' union.
Hahaha bullshit
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

Looks like we have a teacher :)

The teachers union is one of many issues our education system thrives on every single day.
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Whether anyone accepts the idea or not, there are definite concepts built into the SATs that would be difficult for a young man from another culture or country could experience difficulty preparing for.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

woundedknees wrote:Whether anyone accepts the idea or not, there are definite concepts built into the SATs that would be difficult for a young man from another culture or country could experience difficulty preparing for.
Especially if they're not a native English speaker.