CIVIL WAR Oregon State @ Oregon (Beavs win series 2-1)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

RanDux
Senior

Re: CIVIL WAR Oregon State @ Oregon (Series tied 1-1)

Post by RanDux »

Reed is not sharp at all today. Looks like we won't be winning the conference this year.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Errors got the Ducks in a little hole early and it just got worse. What is wrong with Reed today? Is this his worst performance of the season?
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i think only two of those runs were earned.

not much to do but tip the cap to osu this weekend. they look every bit the national title contender i thought they were in february.
ImageImageImageImageImage
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

oregontrack wrote:i think only two of those runs were earned.

not much to do but tip the cap to osu this weekend. they look every bit the national title contender i thought they were in february.
If only two of their runs were earned, and 6 of them would not have happened for dumb errors, I can't tip my cap to them all that much. In reality, Oregon beat Oregon more than Oregon State beating Oregon. This was more Oregon proving they're not a national contender as much as Oregon State proving that they are.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

The bottom line is that you cannot score 2-3 runs a game and hope to win a series in baseball. The pitching by Oregon has been tremendous all season. I'm more worried about the offense. We seem to be really good at winning a lot of low scoring games, but once our opponent gets more than 3 runs we get in trouble. The worst thing about losing to a top team was that it happened to be our rival and it happened to be for first place.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
oregontrack wrote:i think only two of those runs were earned.

If only two of their runs were earned, and 6 of them would not have happened for dumb errors, I can't tip my cap to them all that much. In reality, Oregon beat Oregon more than Oregon State beating Oregon. This was more Oregon proving they're not a national contender as much as Oregon State proving that they are.
oregon definitely made mistakes, but c'mon.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Rough scores. It's one thing to lose, but OSU really handed it to us these last two games. Maybe two of our worst losses of the season. OSU is for real, and Oregon will need to get their bats going in the post season if they want to make it to a the world series.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13