Oregon Ducks Eugene Regional (vs Rice Mon 6pm)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Oregon Ducks Eugene Regional (vs Rice Mon 6pm)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Another disappointing way for Oregon to end the season, at home too. Let's hope this motivates the returning players to perform better next year. We will miss Sherfie!
Last year's motivation didn't help them advance any further so maybe it's best to forget this final game going into next year.
Haha good point, either way it feels like this team is destined to make the CWS soon, just like it feels like the football team is destined to win a national championship soon. Maybe we'll get both next year!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

This team will continue to go nowhere in the postseason unless they add more offense.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

duckgrad99 wrote:This team will continue to go nowhere in the postseason unless they add more offense.
Oddly enough, it doesn't seem that lack of offense resulted in their season ending losses the last two years. Yes, it's a big need, but last year they lost off of errors and this year they lost off of inconsistent pitching. However, they do need to address the lack of offense. I personally think Horton may overdo the small ball. Who calls for a sacrifice bunt in the bottom of the 7th inning down 3-8?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Our small ball style doesn't do too well without the pitching. Disappointing finish to a great season.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:This team will continue to go nowhere in the postseason unless they add more offense.
Also need some better pitching depth. Not much proven relief possibly returning with Sherfy likely gone and Hunter and Jones going. Wiper, Crum, Johnson, and Spencer are going to need to step it up.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Oh well, at least we all get to look forward to football season less than 3 months away. :D
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:Oh well, at least we all get to look forward to football season less than 3 months away. :D
Got that to look forward to now but that's a long 3 months still.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

duckgrad99 wrote:Oh well, at least we all get to look forward to football season less than 3 months away. :D
That always brighten things up! Though someone will feel some serious pain if the NCAA delivers a punishment that will make Oregon ineligible for a bowl game, I think this may be Oregon's best chance at a national championship yet, assuming they stay healthy.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
That always brighten things up! Though someone will feel some serious pain if the NCAA delivers a punishment that will make Oregon ineligible for a bowl game, I think this may be Oregon's best chance at a national championship yet, assuming they stay healthy.
The decision is coming very soon so we also have that to look forward to. :P I just don't see Oregon having done enough to get a bowl ban but you never know how the NCAA will rule. No LOIC should mean just scholarship reductions and less road recruiting time for coaches, which is what we all should hope for.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
The decision is coming very soon so we also have that to look forward to. :P I just don't see Oregon having done enough to get a bowl ban but you never know how the NCAA will rule. No LOIC should mean just scholarship reductions and less road recruiting time for coaches, which is what we all should hope for.
NCAA rulings makes Oregon pitching look consistent. You just never know what you're gonna get from the NCAA. I highly doubt we'll get a punishment that drastic, but I wouldn't count out that possibility. I just want to find out now, this anticipation has been killing me!
USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Oregon Ducks Eugene Regional (vs Rice Mon 6pm)

Post by USUaggieDuck »

They set a school record for wins in a season. Overall, not a bad year.

Sent from my iPad
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I think Horton might need to change the small ball style, the ducks lack of offense is looking like the mariners, each looking pathetic the last four years.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Sorry to hear y'all lost , I was looking forward to the opportunity to see my guys play against your ducks and maybe talk smack to you all :D
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

thomas time wrote:I think Horton might need to change the small ball style, the ducks lack of offense is looking like the mariners, each looking pathetic the last four years.
Has Horton been doing small ball pretty much his whole career?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
thomas time wrote:I think Horton might need to change the small ball style, the ducks lack of offense is looking like the mariners, each looking pathetic the last four years.
Has Horton been doing small ball pretty much his whole career?
He has but also typically had more consistent hitters throughout his lineups that could drive in runs through either small ball or long ball. Only major threat for the whole season was Healy, unlike last season with him and Jones. Plus, the team had serious holes in the lineup when either catcher, Hoffman in CF or Hambright at 3B came up. Only reasons any of those guys played so much were because of injury and/or defensive puporses.