so, it's deadline day

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

so, it's deadline day

Post by oregontrack »

what news, people? brett thomas? krook? karaviotis?
ImageImageImageImageImage
uosportsguy01
Two Star Recruit

Re: so, it's deadline day

Post by uosportsguy01 »

Thomas signed awhile ago. Neither Krook nor Karaviotis signed.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

I heard thomas is coming back
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

No you were right thomas did sign
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i didn't see thomas' name pop up in the other thread so i was holding out hope.

saw the krook news on twitter seconds after i made the thread, lol.

it's kind of nice not waiting until august to find out who's back and who's not. i'm sure the coaches appreciate it a little.

speaking of twitter, a few days ago jay uhlman referred to a 'future of the program is strong' post w/ a #recruiting hashtag. anyone know who we landed?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Losing Thomas hurts a bit but the OF is a position where there is lots of depth still (Baumgartner, Garlick, Heineman, Packard, and Catalano.) and whatever recruits come in.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:i didn't see thomas' name pop up in the other thread so i was holding out hope.

saw the krook news on twitter seconds after i made the thread, lol.

it's kind of nice not waiting until august to find out who's back and who's not. i'm sure the coaches appreciate it a little.

speaking of twitter, a few days ago jay uhlman referred to a 'future of the program is strong' post w/ a #recruiting hashtag. anyone know who we landed?
Sounds like he's been down in SoCal and Arizona recruiting/scouting at some tournaments so I'd imagine some pretty good players.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

there's depth, just no one as good. and it's my own major league team that screwed us, blah.

ah well, get alex jackson into school and all is forgiven. who needs top 5 money?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:there's depth, just no one as good. and it's my own major league team that screwed us, blah.

ah well, get alex jackson into school and all is forgiven. who needs top 5 money?
It'd take a miracle to get Jackson into school. Seems like the only top players Oregon can get in are pitchers and the field players are middle-of-the-road players that were really low draft picks or undrafted.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

is it february yet? i'm ready for the season to start.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

merry freaking christmas to the beavs, who get weztler back next season. with one more year of conforto anchoring the offense, methinks they'll be omaha-bound yet again.
uosportsguy01
Two Star Recruit

Post by uosportsguy01 »

oregontrack wrote:merry freaking christmas to the beavs, who get weztler back next season. with one more year of conforto anchoring the offense, methinks they'll be omaha-bound yet again.
OSU's going to be good again next year, no doubt, however they didn't win it all last year. Lot's of things still need to go right in order to bring home the trophy. How many people predicted UCLA to win it all at the start of Regionals? Not many thats for sure. All you heard about was how they couldn't hit.....

Staying healthy will be key. Part of the problem for us at the end of last season was Healy was banged up with a back injury and Thomas missed the end of season with the arm issue. Not to mention, other then the first 10 games of the season, we were without Garlick, who'll be back this year.

All teams lose kids to the draft, thats just the nature of it. Ones coming out of high school and ones on the team. New players come in to the program and kids on the team get better. Before last season started, not many of us here were talking about Healy and him carrying the offense. We were talking about losing Jones and Keudell. Healy ended up stepping up and having a big season, someone else will this year, that's just the way it is.

On another note, something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, but I'm also hearing Aaron Payne isn't returning. Not confirmed on that, however heard he was burned out and wants to get away from playing. So you possibly can add him to the list of players not returning.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

uosportsguy01 wrote:
oregontrack wrote:merry freaking christmas to the beavs, who get weztler back next season. with one more year of conforto anchoring the offense, methinks they'll be omaha-bound yet again.
OSU's going to be good again next year, no doubt, however they didn't win it all last year. Lot's of things still need to go right in order to bring home the trophy. How many people predicted UCLA to win it all at the start of Regionals? Not many thats for sure. All you heard about was how they couldn't hit.....

Staying healthy will be key. Part of the problem for us at the end of last season was Healy was banged up with a back injury and Thomas missed the end of season with the arm issue. Not to mention, other then the first 10 games of the season, we were without Garlick, who'll be back this year.

All teams lose kids to the draft, thats just the nature of it. Ones coming out of high school and ones on the team. New players come in to the program and kids on the team get better. Before last season started, not many of us here were talking about Healy and him carrying the offense. We were talking about losing Jones and Keudell. Healy ended up stepping up and having a big season, someone else will this year, that's just the way it is.

On another note, something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, but I'm also hearing Aaron Payne isn't returning. Not confirmed on that, however heard he was burned out and wants to get away from playing. So you possibly can add him to the list of players not returning.
So is he quitting entirely (like Jones) or taking a redshirt year? Losing Payne would mean our entire infield from last year would be gone. Defense could get real scary there depending on so many unproven players. Only INFs left from last year are Meredith, Minjares, Santos, Tolman, Jelmini, and possibly Heineman.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

tolman started the entire pac-12 season at 3B. we wouldn't quite be replacing everyone.

hopefully payne decides to give it another go. let us know if you hear anything more.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:tolman started the entire pac-12 season at 3B. we wouldn't quite be replacing everyone.

hopefully payne decides to give it another go. let us know if you hear anything more.
I thought Horton moved Hambright to 3B and Tolman to DH part-way through conference play due to Tolman struggling there defensively. Still, replacing that much of the infield is going to require some growing pains early in the season.