looks like altman nabbed another one-and-done transfer

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

looks like altman nabbed another one-and-done transfer

Post by oregontrack »

2 guard jason calliste from detroit. averaged 14/3/3 last year.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Re: looks like altman nabbed another one-and-done transfer

Post by greenyellow »

Did Oregon really need another guard? I thought they needed another post player to offset the loss of Felicio, unless they don't believe Young will be eligible this season and needed a guard.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

greenyellow wrote:Did Oregon really need another guard? I thought they needed another post player to offset the loss of Felicio, unless they don't believe Young will be eligible this season and needed a guard.
I guess you get what you can take this late in the season... We're going to see a lot of small ball this year.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Nice free agent picku.....err graduate transfer. Not a fan of the system, but it's better than getting a one and done. Graduate transfers tend to be more mature and polished. They also don't have an affect on the team's graduation rate.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i initially took the news meaning young's status might be 50/50 at best. who knows, though. we're really not that short on big bodies for this upcoming season.

and as boom said you kind of take what you can get this late in the game... could be another big just wasn't available.
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

oregontrack wrote:2 guard jason calliste from detroit. averaged 14/3/3 last year.

Might be an indication Altman is not confident that Young will be cleared to play this season. One thing about Altman, he will work hard to put the best team he can on the court every year.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

oregontrack wrote:i initially took the news meaning young's status might be 50/50 at best. who knows, though. we're really not that short on big bodies for this upcoming season.

and as boom said you kind of take what you can get this late in the game... could be another big just wasn't available.
I'm not sure about that.. our starting center might be the 2nd or 3rd worst player on the roster and after that we have some 6-8 tweeners.

I think Ben Carter will be playing 20+ minutes a night in the middle.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i like carter, i hope he does.

i'm not too worried about things. this is college ball, those 6'8 kids are all you really need most nights. moser, carter, waverly, amardi, bell... we were always going to be guard-driven anyway.