Moderators: UOducksTK1, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

96 Point Guards

Post by Zyme »

Top 5 1996 Point Guards

Allen Iverson B+ C+ C C+ D+ A

The spindly combo guard out of Georgetown wowed teams with his ability to finish both outside and and especially inside this season. He was easily one of the best players in college basketball and it will be interesting to follow his progress. He did struggle with turnovers and that issue have plagued him his entire career. Hopefuffly he can correct this issue but his scoring potential may make up for any issue. Very good potential.

Stephon Marbury C+ B- B- C- D+ B

Very proficient and balanced guard out of the stacked ACC. He does a little of everything on the offensive end and has great range on his outside shot. It is a little flat, however, and it rather hit and miss until he back out to deep. His greatest flaw is he doesn't even seem to try on the defensive end. Scouts are not sure he puts enough effort into learning the mental side of the game, leading to the lower potential grade.

Derek Fisher C B C+ C+ D+ B

Very mature PG, while he may never be a star, he does all the little things right and has very few flaws in his game. He doesn't gamble, is a great passer, and has the range to hit the open 3 when the opportunity presents itself. Very careful with the ball and rarely had it end up going the other way, solid potential

Brevin Knight C+ C B- C+ D B

Very unique player in many respects. He is a throwback player and probably would have been a top pick in the days before the 3pt line. He plays back the the basket as a shorter point guard and has the passing to drive defenses nuts when he dishes off the ball to cutting guards and forwards. He has the range to take the 3 and very accurate from the free throw line extended, but never works there, prefering to stretch the floor from deep 2. Scouts don't know if his game will translate to the next level but should have plenty up upside, but if he will ever be a major contributer is a question.

Anthony Harris B- C+ C C- D A

The guard from Hawai'i may be saying aloha twice if he never decides he needs to defend. He has a good head on his shoulders but just doesn't put any effort on the defensive side of the ball. He is similar to Iverson in a lot of ways, including the turnover issues, but he put up over twenty points per game at Hawai'i and led his team to the tournament. Maybe the most selfish guard in this class. Solid, but not exceptional, potential.

Other Point Guard Prospects:

Tony Delk C B- C C+ C- B
Good defender and outside threat. Not enough potential to be considered a top guard, but will find a place in a rotation for a long time coming.

Moochie Norris C C B- C D+ A
Very good passer, not much else to be proud of.

Chucky Atkins C+ B- C C- D+ B
Very selfish shooter. Nothing to speak of on defense. Only decent potential.

Bobby Jackson C+ C+ C+ C D B
Very good college point guard, scouts worry he my struggle adjusting to the speed of the NBA game.

Donald Whiteside C C+ C+ B- D C
Very old rookie at 27. He has a very polished game, but with his age that is to be expected.
Last edited by Zyme on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
JustInCredible
Three Star Recruit

Re: 96 Point Guards

Post by JustInCredible »

I drafted Kerry Kittles last year.
Zyme
All Pac-12

Post by Zyme »

JustInCredible wrote:I drafted Kerry Kittles last year.
Sigh I thought I had cleared them. I'll double check and get replacements

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Zyme wrote:
I also noticed Dampier under the centers
Zyme
All Pac-12

Post by Zyme »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
Zyme wrote:
I also noticed Dampier under the centers
Already take care of, there were 3 repeats, all have been fixed.

K's HOF:
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

A few good PGs..
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Crap, btw I thought Anthony Harris was a fake player, so I change his ratings. The ratings Zyme gave him here are his REAL ratings. I will change them back when I get home tonight.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13