Masoli on front page of FoxSports - Hurry

Post by sickaduck »

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb

Masoli looks like a stud.
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Masoli on front page of FoxSports - Hurry

Post by woundedknees »

Not exactly a rousing endorsement... He spends as much time apologizing to the USC faithful for picking the Ducks as he does toutng Oregon.

"Picking the Ducks to rise to the seat of Left Coast leadership is little more than an acknowledgment that all good things must come to an end. If there was a season in which a really good USC team was nevertheless poorly positioned to make (yet) another Pac-10 title defense, this is it. Oregon’s skill-position studs and overall quickness will give UO the chance to exploit SC’s young and unproven linebacking corps. If Trojans-Ducks comes down to a field goal, SC’s weakness in the kicking game could rear its ugly head."

"Oregon will need a mighty effort to subdue its persistent nemesis and rival, but again, just spare any and all talk about the presence of an anti-USC agenda. Pete Carroll ranks at the top of this correspondent’s list of premier college football coaches; Oregon simply seems to be good enough to exceed the Trojans for one solitary season, nothing more, due to the convergence of several key factors."

"The laws of averages affect all of us. Not even the USC juggernaut is immune, and Oregon is the team that stands to benefit after seven seasons of uninterrupted dominance by the Trojan Empire of College Football"
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

woundedknees wrote:Not exactly a rousing endorsement... He spends as much time apologizing to the USC faithful for picking the Ducks as he does toutng Oregon.

"Picking the Ducks to rise to the seat of Left Coast leadership is little more than an acknowledgment that all good things must come to an end. If there was a season in which a really good USC team was nevertheless poorly positioned to make (yet) another Pac-10 title defense, this is it. Oregon’s skill-position studs and overall quickness will give UO the chance to exploit SC’s young and unproven linebacking corps. If Trojans-Ducks comes down to a field goal, SC’s weakness in the kicking game could rear its ugly head."

"Oregon will need a mighty effort to subdue its persistent nemesis and rival, but again, just spare any and all talk about the presence of an anti-USC agenda. Pete Carroll ranks at the top of this correspondent’s list of premier college football coaches; Oregon simply seems to be good enough to exceed the Trojans for one solitary season, nothing more, due to the convergence of several key factors."

"The laws of averages affect all of us. Not even the USC juggernaut is immune, and Oregon is the team that stands to benefit after seven seasons of uninterrupted dominance by the Trojan Empire of College Football"
USC Apologist aside, it is nice to have a picture of our quarterback on the front of the site.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

woundedknees wrote:"The laws of averages affect all of us. Not even the USC juggernaut is immune, and Oregon is the team that stands to benefit after seven seasons of uninterrupted dominance by the Trojan Empire of College Football"
Hah. Seven years of uninterrupted dominance... Except in 2007 when the Ducks interrupted it.
goyellowgreen
Two Star Recruit

Post by goyellowgreen »

dammit, i missed it.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

woundedknees wrote:Not exactly a rousing endorsement... He spends as much time apologizing to the USC faithful for picking the Ducks as he does toutng Oregon.
I thought you meant Masoli was apologizing to the USC faithful.....
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

wheaton4prez wrote:
woundedknees wrote:"The laws of averages affect all of us. Not even the USC juggernaut is immune, and Oregon is the team that stands to benefit after seven seasons of uninterrupted dominance by the Trojan Empire of College Football"
Hah. Seven years of uninterrupted dominance... Except in 2007 when the Ducks interrupted it.
Well they did win the conference...
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Dominus interruptus...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Tray Dub wrote:
wheaton4prez wrote:
I know. Winning the conference doesn't equal "uninterrupted dominance."

Besides, they wouldn't have won it had Dixon not been injured. That's not dominance. That's lucking out.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

wheaton4prez wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
wheaton4prez wrote:
I know. Winning the conference doesn't equal "uninterrupted dominance."

Besides, they wouldn't have won it had Dixon not been injured. That's not dominance. That's lucking out.
I honestly hate taking USC's side against a fellow Duck fan, but seven straight years of winning the conference is to me considered uninterrupted dominance.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

In 2007 USC and ASU both finished 7-2 atop the conference... we beat both those teams. What coulda been... :x

2009 is our season!

GO DUCKS

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Tray Dub wrote:I honestly hate taking USC's side against a fellow Duck fan, but seven straight years of winning the conference is to me considered uninterrupted dominance.
To me, they are not dominating a team that they are losing to on the field. Thus, an interruption to their dominance. :)

I don't contest that they have dominated the Pac-10. But, there have been interruptions.

Plus, I am responding to the general context of the article. They imply that Oregon winning against them hasn't happened for many years. It wasn't that long ago that we beat them and were on track to win the Pac-10. USC has been the top dog for many years. But, not by as much of a margin as many might think. They were vulnerable a number of times, including last year until we smacked down the rodents.