Finances

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

dave
Sophomore
GM: Cleveland Cavaliers

Finances

Post by dave »

A third of the league is within 5 mil of hard cap. Since majority was against my capping of max deals I think it's time we see an increase in the hard cap to reflect increase of veteran salaries.
CLEVLAND CAVS
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Finances

Post by pudgejeff »

dave wrote:A third of the league is within 5 mil of hard cap. Since majority was against my capping of max deals I think it's time we see an increase in the hard cap to reflect increase of veteran salaries.
Isn't the max salaries based off the cap?
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

Hard cap is plenty generous as is
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
Brophdog88
Senior

Post by Brophdog88 »

Also, since when does 7/29 reduce to 1/3, that isn't even 1/4th of the league, in fact I'd say that's a pretty ideal amount near the hc
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
dave
Sophomore

Post by dave »

pudgejeff wrote:
dave wrote:A third of the league is within 5 mil of hard cap. Since majority was against my capping of max deals I think it's time we see an increase in the hard cap to reflect increase of veteran salaries.
Isn't the max salaries based off the cap?
The min, max is yes. Then the veteran maxes are based on experience + cap. The issue I've always had is with veteran cap which I proposed to either cap the amount of years (say 4 instead of 6) or just keep it at min max.
CLEVLAND CAVS
dave
Sophomore

Post by dave »

Brophdog88 wrote:Also, since when does 7/29 reduce to 1/3, that isn't even 1/4th of the league, in fact I'd say that's a pretty ideal amount near the hc
There are 9 teams within 5 and change. Another 4-5 within another 3 mil. It's growing...

Are you one of those people who believe climate change isn't real?
CLEVLAND CAVS
dave
Sophomore

Post by dave »

Also not everyone has their franchise player offer sweetheart resign deals like Stephen Jackson has done the past 10 years. Don't fool yourself of how much that has helped you.
CLEVLAND CAVS
Marzeial
Freshman
GM: Atlanta Hawks

Post by Marzeial »

We have been almost a full calendar year since the last cap raise. I would tend to agree that we should consider it.

I'm fine with either way but it seems like we should raise it
dave
Sophomore

Post by dave »

Or we change the hard cap rule.....

Instead of having a hard cap you could create a Luxury tax and make it:

Automatically forfeit next 1st round pick
If you don't have a 1st within 3 season then you have to get under the cap within 4 sims.
CLEVLAND CAVS
Brophdog88
Senior

Post by Brophdog88 »

dave wrote:
Brophdog88 wrote:Also, since when does 7/29 reduce to 1/3, that isn't even 1/4th of the league, in fact I'd say that's a pretty ideal amount near the hc
There are 9 teams within 5 and change. Another 4-5 within another 3 mil. It's growing...

Wait, so your response is an attempt to insult me?
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
Brophdog88
Senior

Post by Brophdog88 »

If the hard cap is pressing your team, it's due to your management, the hc is fine, it's 87.5% over the normal cap, that's a huge gap to work with... If anything it's too high
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Brophdog88 wrote:If the hard cap is pressing your team, it's due to your management, the hc is fine, it's 87.5% over the normal cap, that's a huge gap to work with... If anything it's too high
I agree - in my opinion the cap is too high. I'm not advocating reducing it.
Nothing is achieved by raising the hard cap. You're just dealing with bigger numbers. The %'s would need to stay the same. You could make the cap $1 and have us all deal in pennies. It doesn't change anything and all it would take is one off-season for those 8 or 9 teams to be a lot lower. Next season for instance, the Cavs lose $28million in 3 players. Cavs could easily decide to not offer contracts that large to those 3 players. In my opinion it would make the league more fun if players did change teams more often.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Lets not turn this into a war of words again.
bellsduck wrote:
Brophdog88 wrote:If the hard cap is pressing your team, it's due to your management, the hc is fine, it's 87.5% over the normal cap, that's a huge gap to work with... If anything it's too high
I agree - in my opinion the cap is too high. I'm not advocating reducing it.
Nothing is achieved by raising the hard cap. You're just dealing with bigger numbers. The %'s would need to stay the same. You could make the cap $1 and have us all deal in pennies. It doesn't change anything and all it would take is one off-season for those 8 or 9 teams to be a lot lower. Next season for instance, the Cavs lose $28million in 3 players. Cavs could easily decide to not offer contracts that large to those 3 players. In my opinion it would make the league more fun if players did change teams more often.
I see it this way. Increasing the cap will only inflate contracts and this will be a problem again in 4-5 years. Roster management is the key here.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

From what I remember TK saying, this is about the top end of where the cap should be. Since 1st round picks don't adjust I think, and the MLE/LLE I know don't adjust this is kinda the top end. If you raise the cap, then people just offer more money. I think it's fine and agree with Bells about liking when players are switching teams. And I'm saying this from a spot right next to the hard cap and having to negotiate that.
dave
Sophomore

Post by dave »

Brophdog88 wrote:
dave wrote:

Wait, so your response is an attempt to insult me?
I asked you a question after you nitpicked over percentage of teams.
CLEVLAND CAVS