What's wrong with debate?

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

dave
Sophomore
GM: Cleveland Cavaliers

Re: What's wrong with debate?

Post by dave »

Oregon Ownage wrote:Dave - I appreciate your commitment to improving the league with your ideas and thoughts during this stretch we are in. I really do because it is making people post and be active in discussion.

The other thread was closed because as others mentioned, it became a pissing contest. There were two sides of the argument and over the week in which it was discussed, there was no give or take from either side. That IMO is more than enough time for both sides to state their cases and from the looks of it, we would have just continued down the same road for another week without a breakthrough.

I sat on this topic the past couple of days and wanted to hear everything out before I commented with what we were going to do. I believe that we do have a small problem in that the range of experience with GM's in this league though. As DBray mentoned, he is new to this while we have Broph, Dave and others who know the system very well. That leads to topics like we are discussing now of teams not using the salary cap its greatest extend. I started playing when the league was created and right up before I took over simming, did I realize that fact and how to use the cap to my advantage.

The debate shouldnt be whether to raise/lower cap numbers and contracts, but how do we facilitate the growth of newer GMs to a level where they understand the dynamic of the system/game because once that happens, we would see a more active league as teams would have the contracts, players and knowledge of what they want to do and not thinking about whether or not did I screw up with this move/trade.
This all comes from a place of positivity. I'm very passionate with all things I undertake. Might rub some the wrong way but it happens.

Look this league is good. The core is great and the rest can be too. Every great league evolves.

We have inactivity and large financial range in rookies vs vets. It's only going to get bigger with modern era of 1 and dones entering the league at 19.

I don't want to re-boot. That will happen when teams are filled with unmovable contracts and inactive gms while the rest of the league sits on their roster for 6 seasons and wins 50 games a year and become bored.
CLEVLAND CAVS
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Re: What's wrong with debate?

Post by Brophdog88 »

dave wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:Dave - I appreciate your commitment to improving the league with your ideas and thoughts during this stretch we are in. I really do because it is making people post and be active in discussion.

The other thread was closed because as others mentioned, it became a pissing contest. There were two sides of the argument and over the week in which it was discussed, there was no give or take from either side. That IMO is more than enough time for both sides to state their cases and from the looks of it, we would have just continued down the same road for another week without a breakthrough.

I sat on this topic the past couple of days and wanted to hear everything out before I commented with what we were going to do. I believe that we do have a small problem in that the range of experience with GM's in this league though. As DBray mentoned, he is new to this while we have Broph, Dave and others who know the system very well. That leads to topics like we are discussing now of teams not using the salary cap its greatest extend. I started playing when the league was created and right up before I took over simming, did I realize that fact and how to use the cap to my advantage.

The debate shouldnt be whether to raise/lower cap numbers and contracts, but how do we facilitate the growth of newer GMs to a level where they understand the dynamic of the system/game because once that happens, we would see a more active league as teams would have the contracts, players and knowledge of what they want to do and not thinking about whether or not did I screw up with this move/trade.
That still isn't the problem you make it out to be constantly

This all comes from a place of positivity. I'm very passionate with all things I undertake. Might rub some the wrong way but it happens.

Look this league is good. The core is great and the rest can be too. Every great league evolves.

We have inactivity and large financial range in rookies vs vets. It's only going to get bigger with modern era of 1 and dones entering the league at 19.

I don't want to re-boot. That will happen when teams are filled with unmovable contracts and inactive gms while the rest of the league sits on their roster for 6 seasons and wins 50 games a year and become bored.
Denver Nuggets DASL GM