Post by Oregon Ownage »

FYI

Michael Day - PG on the Knicks has transformed into Kim King
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Re: GM Lounge

Post by Zyme »

Michael Day was a autogenerated rando Kim King was a real player who never went pro from the 80s
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

BTW, I am loving all this activity and having fresh faces inject some excitement into the league!
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

Hi guys! Just found this thread haha, you guys have been running for so long. Do you guys have other forms of communication besides PM? Like Slack or GroupMe?
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

offtheheezy wrote:Hi guys! Just found this thread haha, you guys have been running for so long. Do you guys have other forms of communication besides PM? Like Slack or GroupMe?
We do not. It was something discussed years ago but it was determined not many GM's would use and as a whole, this league is more relaxed and less intense than other leagues.
The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

Awww yeah boys Rubio is back in Minnesota!

That is all.
offtheheezy
Senior

Post by offtheheezy »

The Bean Regime wrote:Awww yeah boys Rubio is back in Minnesota!

That is all.
Rubio gets traded more often than he should I feel. I can see why Suns did it but I think he’s actually quite good
the goat
Freshman
GM: Los Angeles Lakers

Post by the goat »

Klay's ACL injury is devasting news...

I thought the Clippers would move in for Rubio but Minny probably(?) won't trade him again so soon.
Lakers GM
offtheheezy
Senior

Post by offtheheezy »

the goat wrote:Klay's ACL injury is devasting news...

I thought the Clippers would move in for Rubio but Minny probably(?) won't trade him again so soon.
Absolutely sucks for Klay :( seems like a good dude.

Seems like Warriors are moving fast though, grabbing Oubre.
The Bean Regime
Senior

Woo! Reviving dead thread.

But I wanted to post the Excel stuff again since some people have joined since then and I updated it. I have the calculator for per-36 stats for a roster that I have posted before. Very simple to use:
copy from the first player ID to the last player's 3PT% under the player statistics table on a roster page, and then paste it over cell B3 in the excel file and the bottom table will show Per-36 stats.

I also updated the player table that was also posted earlier. This time, it has both ratings and stats albeit on separate tables. However it's easy to combine them. There's 3 tabs: Mass Stat Finder, Player List, and Player Stats. The first one you type player names into the Q column between the two black bars. As you type into each cell, the tables to the left will populate with the player's ratings and season stats. Player list is much like before where you can see every signed player in one place and filter through their ratings and age. The new Player stats tab is similar to the ratings table but instead shows the season stats. You can sort and filter these much like you'd expect. Once you filter the stats or ratings you can then copy the names and paste them back into the first tab to get both ratings and stats conveniently together. Hopefully not too difficult to figure out.

Unfortunately as the ratings and stats are separate tables you cannot filter then together. You can filter for PFs with B inside and B rebounding or you can filter for PFs with 14.0 PPG and 10.0 RPG, but not both. I also realize I forgot the team names for the 1st tab but whatever.

As with the previous file, in order to update the files click the data tab at the top of Excel and click "Refresh All."

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
offtheheezy
Senior

Post by offtheheezy »

The Bean Regime wrote:Woo! Reviving dead thread.

But I wanted to post the Excel stuff again since some people have joined since then and I updated it. I have the calculator for per-36 stats for a roster that I have posted before. Very simple to use:
copy from the first player ID to the last player's 3PT% under the player statistics table on a roster page, and then paste it over cell B3 in the excel file and the bottom table will show Per-36 stats.

I also updated the player table that was also posted earlier. This time, it has both ratings and stats albeit on separate tables. However it's easy to combine them. There's 3 tabs: Mass Stat Finder, Player List, and Player Stats. The first one you type player names into the Q column between the two black bars. As you type into each cell, the tables to the left will populate with the player's ratings and season stats. Player list is much like before where you can see every signed player in one place and filter through their ratings and age. The new Player stats tab is similar to the ratings table but instead shows the season stats. You can sort and filter these much like you'd expect. Once you filter the stats or ratings you can then copy the names and paste them back into the first tab to get both ratings and stats conveniently together. Hopefully not too difficult to figure out.

Unfortunately as the ratings and stats are separate tables you cannot filter then together. You can filter for PFs with B inside and B rebounding or you can filter for PFs with 14.0 PPG and 10.0 RPG, but not both. I also realize I forgot the team names for the 1st tab but whatever.

As with the previous file, in order to update the files click the data tab at the top of Excel and click "Refresh All."

Pretty sick! Thanks for sharing.

That's how you were able to filter those PFs so fast :lol:
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I tried to copy and paste and it said I need permission from the owner... but perhaps I just did something wrong.
vincent1469
Five Star Recruit
GM: Seattle Supersonics

Post by vincent1469 »

The Bean Regime wrote:Woo! Reviving dead thread.

This tool is really neat! Thanks for putting the time to make this!
The Bean Regime
Senior

lukeyrid13 wrote:I tried to copy and paste and it said I need permission from the owner... but perhaps I just did something wrong.
You have to download it. It's read-only on the actual drive so someone's filtering or editing or general screwing with isn't saved for the next person to discover.

And regardless, none of it would work in Google Sheets. In fact it'll only fully function in desktop Excel. You can use the first page in the online version but the data-grabbing doesn't work so after the next sim the stats would be outdated since it wouldn't be able to update.
The Bean Regime
Senior

Another little excel file! As always, since I keep using Pivot Tables, you need to download and open the file in Excel in order for it to work. Trying to use it online with Google Sheets offers a very limited version of the file with no team filters and the sorting doesn't work (only partially sorts the data).

This one shows career totals of every player that is active and those that retied at the end of the 1988-89 season (when I started messing with everything.). Anyone that retired at the end of the 1987-88 season or earlier is just gone. Unfortunate, but I wasn't messing with the stuff then.

But the main thing I wanted was team-career totals! By using the filter at the top, you can look at who has the most stats for each individual team. It's not going to be 100% accurate because of rounding errors (as it's stat-per-game * games to figure the totals) and whoever has the player last gets the full credit for the stats. As in, If someone plays 55 games for team 1 then gets traded and plays 20 games for team 2, team 2 gets credit for the full 75 games. But it's the best I could do with what the game gives me. It does result in a funny little section of players with "FA" stats, where they played some during the season but got cut and remained unsigned for the rest of the season.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true