MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Fire Allioti

Post by MFRDuckFan »

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Video from Nick after the game.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... coord.html
I like it that he says the blame starts with him, so at least he is owning up to not putting together a good game plan. Both he and Kelly said the D practiced as well as they have all season this week, that they were focused.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Let's just be thankful that it's taken 9 games for Aliotti's defense to be exposed. That's easily the most dominant stretch of football I've seen him coach since 94 (or perhaps ever!).

Props to him for that. Now let's just hope Chip fixes the problem for NA lol.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

If the ducks fail to make the rose bowl, Allioti needs to go. No defense at all.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Enough said.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Teach the team to tackle
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The problem isn't so much the scheme, its more that we just CANNOT tackle. There's 1-2 missed tackles every play. We just don't wrap up. It blows my mind. Wrap up the dudes legs!!! Enough of the flying shoulder hits!
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

They do way to much trying to strip the ball and not enough wrapping up. I think this is Chips influence. It's great when we get turnovers (see the first seven games), hard to watch when we don't. It seems like one solid effort at a strip, then tackle is probably the plan. But I notice as the games get tighter and they get more desperate, they give up a lot more yards trying to strip all the way down the field.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I still think Allioti gets way too much credit. He had a month to prepare for Pryor. The offense bailed him out this season..........again. I have never seen another college team continue to do so poor on 3rd and long as the ducks have been.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

well, if you look at past comments the same things are happening.

poor tacklings, same poor blitz techniques, more poor tackling, db's on islands 9 yards off the ball, poor pursuit angles.

yes, ohio state's defense played well, but this is why you have to be a complete football team. and as far as the TOP, i've always felt that if you have a great defense, that you'll just force the other team to go 3 and out all the time. Its just a built in excuse that nick uses because his schemes are 15 years old.
sepdxsnwbrdr
One Star Recruit

Post by sepdxsnwbrdr »

This sword is double-edged.

If you fire Alliotti you lose our best recruiter(Neal and Campbell are close behind) and all of his connections in Los Angeles.

As far as defensive schemes go...I would hire Wilcox. However, I just can't see him pulling in the recruits from SoCal. Thoughts?
Try to ban me...I steal wifi so I get a new IP each time I log on.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Defense played well enough to win yesterday
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Boom wrote:Defense played well enough to win yesterday

Disagree. Look at what Pryor did. The tackling was terrible. Ohio State converted on several key 3rd down plays. Just because the offense stunk, doesn't mean the defense played well.
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

The defense held an otherwise running/throwing Offense like OSU to 26 points. Don't care how many yards they gave up, that's 26 points. D didn't turn the ball over twice, D didn't misread the DL, D didn't keep turning the ball back to OSU. The first half stats for TOP was shocking, even for UO. 22 minutes to 8? They took 8:05 minutes off the clock and kept Oregon's O on the sidelines at one point. That's just asking for too much. Fire Allioti? Why? One moment, we're all singing his praises and the next calling for his head? He just got outgamed, which happens. If we sucked completely, ala Everyone-else-in-Pac-10-this-bowl-season, that's one thing. We didn't, the D played good, and we move on from here.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

hjpop wrote:The defense held an otherwise running/throwing Offense like OSU to 26 points. Don't care how many yards they gave up, that's 26 points. D didn't turn the ball over twice, D didn't misread the DL, D didn't keep turning the ball back to OSU. The first half stats for TOP was shocking, even for UO. 22 minutes to 8? They took 8:05 minutes off the clock and kept Oregon's O on the sidelines at one point. That's just asking for too much. Fire Allioti? Why? One moment, we're all singing his praises and the next calling for his head? He just got outgamed, which happens. If we sucked completely, ala Everyone-else-in-Pac-10-this-bowl-season, that's one thing. We didn't, the D played good, and we move on from here.

26 points isn't anything special, especially after what Ohio State did offensively during the regular season. And how many people are singing his praises? Once again, if not for our high powered offense, Allioti would be exposed. The defense was also lousy against Oregon State, Arizona, Stanford, Purdue, etc. Again, the offense wasn't any better yesterday, but I believe that a top notch defense is the one thing preventing Oregon from being a national championship team.