Fire Allioti

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OreDucks01284
Senior

Re: Fire Allioti

Post by OreDucks01284 »

its too soon, Defense seem to be unprepared to defend against Luck And gerhart. Look like we didn't have any defense adjustment. Our Offense did okay, but had better adjustment than defesne did after half time
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckgrad99 wrote:After a game like this, it's tempting to bring this up again. If Oregon should lose another game or two because of the defensse and fail to make the Rose Bowl, I'm going to be all over Allioti again.
Oooh I'm sure Allioti is trembling in his boots. This game had nothing to do with the scheme. It had to do with personnel. We didn't have the strength or size to match Stanford. Simple as that.

But hey, you can "be all over Allioti" all you want. You still aren't smart.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:After a game like this, it's tempting to bring this up again. If Oregon should lose another game or two because of the defensse and fail to make the Rose Bowl, I'm going to be all over Allioti again.
Oooh I'm sure Allioti is trembling in his boots. This game had nothing to do with the scheme. It had to do with personnel. We didn't have the strength or size to match Stanford. Simple as that.

The D wasn't prepared, and a lot of that is on the defensive coordinator.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckgrad99 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:

The D wasn't prepared, and a lot of that is on the defensive coordinator.
And the Head Coach. So why don't you start a "Fire Kelly" thread?
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Kelly and all of the coaches put together a terrible game plan and didn't have the team focused and ready to play particularly the special teams and defense. Hopefully this is a wake-up call, Oregon still controls it's path to the Rose Bowl. If the team falls apart and doesn't make the Rose Bowl I will cry :cry:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

If anything, it was poor execution by the defense that doomed the Ducks today. If they could have gotten a few stops here and there, the Ducks offense was moving and scoring enough to possibly win the game today.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

From my perspective, it did have something to do with scheme. They've moved Boyett to free safety, Ward at strong and Lewis to corner. It didn't work. First Lewis gets tagged with two PI calls early in the game then they started to exploit Boyett who isn't as well suited for free safety as he is at strong.

I'm putting this one on the coaches for not taking a clue from the USC film.
snapt
Four Star Recruit

Post by snapt »

But we were able to match with USC?
BOOF it!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

It was all on the D. No pressure on Luck, the D-line was manhandled, the secondary was burned and terrible tackling all around. This loss is on the coaches, moving people around when things were working was stupid. Allioti is back to his old ways. Whatever happened to stopping the run first. Everyone knew they were going to run crazy with Gerhart. 38 carries for 222 yards, not exceptable.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Let me just be clear. Oregon is still in good shape, for now. I guess Allioti is still fine, as long as Oregon doesn't have this type of defensive performance again this season to kill our rose bowl chances. It's not often you get a chance to go to the rose bowl, and Oregon has got to get there this year.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

snapt wrote:
But we were able to match with USC?
I was kinda wondering the same thing ha. I honestly don't know exactly what happened out there. We just got pushed around up front & I don't think a different or better scheme would have changed anything. My point is, If we had a guy like Holati we woulda been fine. 6'7 250 pound DTs aren't exactly run stoppers.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

That game showed why Oregon needs to land some good DT recruits
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I posted earlier in the week that the D needed to stop Gerhart and limit him. Not only did they not stop him.. did not limit him... he ran at will against our D.. 38 carries for over 200 yards. Totally not acceptable.. and no pressure on Luck. They are both very good.. Luck is a great qb and Gerhart an excellent RB but Allioti and his defenseive staff obviously did not respect them and clearly overlooked stanford's offense. They also were playing 3 and 4 yards off the receivers not knocing balls down and looked like the defense we had last year. Our offense scores 42... and yet it still isnt enough. Our D gives up 51. Unrealistic to expect our Offense to score that much against Stanford.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Gerhart was virtually untouched on multiple gains.

He moved through the Oregon line like a bigger version of LMJ, with a lot more impact on the fatigue level of the Ducks...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I posted earlier in the week that the D needed to stop Gerhart and limit him. Not only did they not stop him.. did not limit him... he ran at will against our D.. 38 carries for over 200 yards. Totally not acceptable.. and no pressure on Luck. They are both very good.. Luck is a great qb and Gerhart an excellent RB but Allioti and his defenseive staff obviously did not respect them and clearly overlooked stanford's offense. They also were playing 3 and 4 yards off the receivers not knocing balls down and looked like the defense we had last year. Our offense scores 42... and yet it still isnt enough. Our D gives up 51. Unrealistic to expect our Offense to score that much against Stanford.
You hardly ever win by giving up 51 points, but we almost came back. It just seemed like Oregon knew where the ball was going but just couldn't stop it since Stanford overloaded sides of the formation and couldn't get a hand on Gerhart until he was 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.