Possible replacements for Reaves

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Possible replacements for Reaves

Post by Duck07 »

Well we know now that Reaves is qualified for an offensive staff position at Alabama.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

Duck07 wrote:Well we know now that Reaves is qualified for an offensive staff position at Alabama.
Yeah they might as well start advertising in magazines at this point. I can envision it: "Crimson Tides: A Place of Healing for Troubled Professionals."
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Handsome Dan wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Well we know now that Reaves is qualified for an offensive staff position at Alabama.
Yeah they might as well start advertising in magazines at this point. I can envision it: "Crimson Tides: A Place of Healing for Troubled Professionals."
Alabama Slamma, Crimson Tide... They're always going to qualify for the Hi Ball Bowl
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Yost. Have Woodie coach TEs along with ST duties.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

I wonder how David Paulson would do? Superb work ethic.
TheHypeIsReal
One Star Recruit

Post by TheHypeIsReal »

StevensTechU wrote:Yost. Have Woodie coach TEs along with ST duties.
It's too bad he already took a job. He would have been a great choice for QBs/passing game coordinator.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I can't imagine Utah State has that high of a buyout. But yea, I don't see him getting the job when he didn't the first time, I just like the thought of it.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

At this point it may be better to wait until after signing day unless Willie can pull an all star out of his hat. I'm thinking at this late stage in recruiting you don't want to underwhelm a recruiting prospect by the hire.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

No more coaches from USF please!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Yep, valuable lesson to be learned here about what can happen when you hire your friends. This is why I never post on Facebook when seeking new workers for my team. Granted, it's common for people on staffs to move around together, but in this case Taggart & co. seem a bit too chummy/comfortable.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

pezsez1 wrote:
Yep, valuable lesson to be learned here about what can happen when you hire your friends. This is why I never post on Facebook when seeking new workers for my team. Granted, it's common for people on staffs to move around together, but in this case Taggart & co. seem a bit too chummy/comfortable.
Not sure it has anything to do with him being friends or chummy with people. I work in a field where it is very common for the new sales manager to bring people over from his/her previous company.

Reaves made a bad decision and one that will impact his opportunities going forward. It's not like there was a pattern here and it happened in the past that we are aware of. Nebraska had an asst who had two DUIs and then got a third and got a 4 game suspension from Mike Riley.

The situation has been handled and unfortunately it is in a very public setting. Everyone is blaming Willie and I am not sure that is fair. The workout thing was unfortunate but sounds like the damage there is minimal. The only upside in this situation is that when Willie and team are in a home and talking to parents he can reiterate that there is a zero tolerance policy and it applies to everyone including coaches.

Just think if this had happened and Willie did not fire him. Other coaches would have used that against Oregon when recruiting now they have little leverage when the topic comes up because Reaves is gone.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Don't believe "everyone is blaming Willie". Reaves did this himself, nobody else had much to do with it. Clear to most that Reaves is to blame. I never once thought of blaming Taggert for this.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

rockthief wrote:I wonder how David Paulson would do? Superb work ethic.
I also wonder about that too, I'd love to see David Paulson be part of UO staff.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Can Michael Clay coach TEs???

;)
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

rockthief wrote:Don't believe "everyone is blaming Willie". Reaves did this himself, nobody else had much to do with it. Clear to most that Reaves is to blame. I never once thought of blaming Taggert for this.
Agree totally. However some have said this reflects badly on Willie. If Reaves had gotten DUIs in the past and Willie hired him then there could be some blame to be shared. As best as we know, this is not a repeat thing. I am sure they did a thorough background check on all these guys and that certainly would have come out.

It is totally unfortunate and today on ESPN Feinbaum and Herm Edwards were saying Oregon should have not fired him. They said he should have been allowed to stay but had to go and get some help. There's many sides to this and if Willie says zero tolerance and did not fire him then what happens when a player gets a DUI? It's real tough but I personally think they did the right thing.

After the Sark debacle at USC I just think these coaches are on a real short leash everywhere. NO university can afford this kind of publicity.