Arrests coming to NCAA BB programs and apparel firm!!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Re: Arrests coming to NCAA BB programs and apparel firm!!

Post by mattc94 »

So that would explain how USC turned into a recruiting monster the last couple of years. Got to think this spells the end of Pitino.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

mattc94 wrote:So that would explain how USC turned into a recruiting monster the last couple of years. Got to think this spells the end of Pitino.
Petino dodged the hooker scandal without so much as a slap on the wrist. He seems pretty good about playing dumb and letting others take the fall for him.

Speaking of recruiting monsters..... we sure have been killing it lately. Anyone else even a tad nervous about that?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:That would be financially devastating to the NCAA, so yeah...I can't see them allowing such a thing to happen.
How could they actually stop it though? Hollywood uses child labor for entertainment, sports is the same industry.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duck07 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:That would be financially devastating to the NCAA, so yeah...I can't see them allowing such a thing to happen.
How could they actually stop it though? Hollywood uses child labor for entertainment, sports is the same industry.
Colluding with the government or the NBA to prevent it? I honestly don't know but when an organization that makes billions of dollars is facing something that could render them irrelevant, I'm sure they would use every dirty trick in the book.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

karlhungis wrote:
mattc94 wrote:So that would explain how USC turned into a recruiting monster the last couple of years. Got to think this spells the end of Pitino.
Petino dodged the hooker scandal without so much as a slap on the wrist. He seems pretty good about playing dumb and letting others take the fall for him.

Speaking of recruiting monsters..... we sure have been killing it lately. Anyone else even a tad nervous about that?
At this moment, I'm not since Oregon really hasn't signed any big-name guys except for maybe Brown, Dorsey and Pritchard. Everyone else were under-the-radar types. I really hope that Altman and his staff were by-the-books. Supposedly another shoe company is involved so with Nike having a large influence in the AAU arena, we should be prepared just in case.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

karlhungis wrote:

I mean, they had to vacate their national championship, that’s not exactly a slap on the wrist. I don’t see any way he gets off of this though. They have his assistant coach on video basically saying “We’re already on probation, we can’t get caught” and the way the NCAA rules are, these things fall on the head coach. The NCAA isn’t involved just yet but I’d assume they will be in the not too distant future. How quickly do they jettison Bowen though? Pitino is probably in his dorm room packing him up himself right now to get him out of dodge as quick as possible.

As for nervous about Oregon...yes very much. Every team has skeletons in their closet, let’s just hope it’s not Oregon’s time to have theirs exposed.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:
karlhungis wrote:

At this moment, I'm not since Oregon really hasn't signed any big-name guys except for maybe Brown, Dorsey and Pritchard. Everyone else were under-the-radar types. I really hope that Altman and his staff were by-the-books. Supposedly another shoe company is involved so with Nike having a large influence in the AAU arena, we should be prepared just in case.
It’s Nike. Merl Code was with Nike as Director of Elite Youth B-ball until relatively recently moving to Adidas.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Nike has released a statement basically saying Code hasn't been with them for over 3 years (he left in late 2013 or early 2014) and that they are strongly opposed to any for of manipulation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... nipulation
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The only recruitment that I'd be concerned about is Brian Bowen since in the indictment he's alluded to in, it says that a couple people tied to Adidas and Louisville said they had to put up more money than a rival company. The only other rival company involved was likely Nike and the school people always tie to Nike is Oregon. We have to hope that no one at Nike or Oregon as involved in anything shady here.
JustDuckIt
High School Drop Out

Post by JustDuckIt »

GrantDuck wrote:UNLV is an ADIDAS school.....
UNLV is a Nike school.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

JustDuckIt wrote:
UNLV is a Nike school.
Kinda wonder if he was making a joke about them being an Adidas school because of how Oregon seemed to lose McCoy to them out of nowhere.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:Nike has released a statement basically saying Code hasn't been with them for over 3 years (he left in late 2013 or early 2014) and that they are strongly opposed to any for of manipulation.

Wasn’t an employee but he was very much connected to them until relatively recently, to my understanding at least.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck24 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Nike has released a statement basically saying Code hasn't been with them for over 3 years (he left in late 2013 or early 2014) and that they are strongly opposed to any for of manipulation.

Wasn’t an employee but he was very much connected to them until relatively recently, to my understanding at least.
From what I could find, he left a few years ago to work for Adidas and most of these allegations are from the past couple years, which would be during the time he's working for Adidas and their AAU programs. As much as Nike says they're not involved in manipulations, they're still probably a bit dirty as well, just not at the same level Adidas appears to be.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Somewhere Lavar Ball has to be kicking himself. lol.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

greenyellow wrote:
JustDuckIt wrote:
UNLV is a Nike school.
Kinda wonder if he was making a joke about them being an Adidas school because of how Oregon seemed to lose McCoy to them out of nowhere.
Was just joking...

shoes or no shoes, that's one of the shadiest flops I can remember this side of Terence Jones.