#11 WSU @ Oregon (Oct. 7, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: #11 WSU @ Oregon (Oct. 7, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon got a call for a change.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Judging Willie Taggart off of this game is complete BS.
I'm not judging Taggart off of just this game. And I'm not even saying he's the wrong guy for the job. He is great with recruiting, and he assembled amazing assistance. He seems to be a fantastic CEO, and that's what a college football coach essentially is. I'm just not sure he's a good enough offensive playcaller for the Pac-12. That's not just based on this game or the ASU game -- that's based on virtually all of our games except for Southern Utah. Even when we've been completely healthy, Taggart has shown some very conservative coaching tendencies that just don't seem fitting for a spread-offense Pac-12 program.

Granted, we still have a small sample size of games when we actually have a healthy, "whole" offense. But, like I've been saying, it's not just the playcalling. We've known from the start that Taggart is a Harbaugh disciple, and it's kind of showing.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
QuackAttack89
One Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack89 »

someone wake up uncle Phil tell him we need a check to keep leech in eugene
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

Make up call. Pac12 refs are so bad.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Bigwaved wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Bigwaved wrote:
Biggus Duckus wrote:
Bigwaved wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:The offense is just simply bad. This is a very unacceptable offensive performance, even with Braxton. I’m not going to say “fire Willie” or anything crazy like that, BUT, the offensive coaching this game will not get it done in the PAC-12. He has a lot to learn and I certainly don’t want to be him during the press conference tonight. I still am very hopeful for Oregon’s future, but I’m not going to deny there have been concerning aspects of Willie’s coaching thus far.
:roll:
He's absolutely right. We don't have Bama players and this isn't the SEC. It's kind of like Brady Hoke trying to bring the Big-10 defense last year. Hopefully they can adjust soon.
You aren't helping his argument, but you are correct here. We do not have much depth. Ergo, the f'ing offense is struggling. If your expectation is higher than what you are seeing out there with a true freshman qb in his first start and a bunch of fill in receivers, then you get to wallow in your disappointment. So no, he is not absolutely right. Yeah, the coaches have the whole friggin' playbook to lean on with the players they have to run out there. :roll:
Well then call the plays quick. Get something going out there. Waiting til 5 seconds on the play clock to call a play everyone knows is coming will not get it done, especially during crucial possessions.
The true freshman needs to be able to run the offense quickly to do that. I do think the plays seem to be slow at times though. Not being involved with what is causing that makes it difficult to know why. Blame away though if you feel better doing so. Whatever it takes for you to get through Saturdays.
I do agree the #1 problem is talent and lack of talent, especially after that School drop, just bad. However, despite that, after the WSU muffed punt I wanted to see more than what we saw. I’m not blaming Willie, just expressing a little concern and where I think he needs to get better. I’m blaming WSU for this loss cause they’re better.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

GrantDuck wrote:Side note, I don't think you guys realize how great the defense has been tonight. Holding Wazzu under 400 yards and 1-11 on 3rd downs. With short fields and no offense most of the night.
yup. A bit of silver lining to the tough night.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

The fact that schooler is starting at reciever should tell us how bad we are at reciever. Few years of Taggarts recruiting classes and we will be contenders
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Schooler's leg/knee was down before the ball came out. Not that it matters.
Last edited by pezsez1 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

QuackAttack89 wrote:someone wake up uncle Phil tell him we need a check to keep leech in eugene
Dude, just give it a rest already.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

When was the last time we held WSU below 400 yards of offense?
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

greenyellow wrote:
QuackAttack89 wrote:someone wake up uncle Phil tell him we need a check to keep leech in eugene
Dude, just give it a rest already.
He is in full whine mode.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon got a call for a change.
Agreed. Should have been fumble IMO
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

So Braxton, just a teaching moment for you, the cheerleaders are not eligible receivers.
QuackAttack89
One Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack89 »

We're the laughingstock and whipping boys of the conference. We're what Colorado and Stanford used to be.
QuackAttack89
One Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack89 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:So Braxton, just a teaching moment for you, the cheerleaders are not eligible receivers.
Actually they kind of are but not when you play like he did