Cristobal hired!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

brich75
Senior

Re: Cristobal hired!

Post by brich75 »

Oregonian wrote:Cross-posting something Juice linked to in the recruiting forum:
This made me lol. He is a bad ass!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:
This quote reminds me of an article I can't find about a "contract" he made with his OL that he would push them to their limits in order to make them achieve their goals. He's able to be hard on the players because he also builds them up. This is not going to be a soft team going forward.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duckfan22 wrote:07 that piece about his texts and such show what kind of man he is. This is just what
i believe the ducks need. I love his passion and cant wait to see what the future brings.
The more I keep reading the more I love it. He already hates FSU too from when he played them with his brother vs a pair of twins on the DL at FSU. Get ready for an Oregon Satellite camp in Dade County this summer.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Wonder if he's already asking Mullens to schedule a home and home against the Noles ?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

So I can’t say my source on this one, but let me just say an extremely reliable source (perhaps a parent of a current player ;) ) basically said the players are ECSTATIC and that they actually wanted this before Willie even left! The players said that Cristobal is more personable than Willie and someone that can be trusted more all season. Also this person confirmed the Willie Taggart Sheldon fiasco story about his son not playing enough.
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

Duck07 wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:07 that piece about his texts and such show what kind of man he is. This is just what
i believe the ducks need. I love his passion and cant wait to see what the future brings.
The more I keep reading the more I love it. He already hates FSU too from when he played them with his brother vs a pair of twins on the DL at FSU. Get ready for an Oregon Satellite camp in Dade County this summer.
NCAA axed satellite camps unfortunately
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

OregonFan4Life wrote:So I can’t say my source on this one, but let me just say an extremely reliable source (perhaps a parent of a current player ;) ) basically said the players are ECSTATIC and that they actually wanted this before Willie even left! The players said that Cristobal is more personable than Willie and someone that can be trusted more all season. Also this person confirmed the Willie Taggart Sheldon fiasco story about his son not playing enough.
Has WT Jr. been offered a scholly to FSU yet? LMAO...he is NOT a QB...an athlete, yes, but not a QB.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Live presser for Cristobal's hiring: https://www.facebook.com/OregonFootball ... 554131244/
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

duckfan22 wrote:Wonder if he's already asking Mullens to schedule a home and home against the Noles ?
If so, he better insist upon the first game being in Eugene since FSU thinks the panhandle is away.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Cristobal just said that they want to keep Leavitt but that every off season coaches get opportunities...
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Loving what I'm seeing. He's winning the presser. Loved his answer to the question about being here awhile.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

Long live Swag Surfing
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Cristobal just said that he will be coaching OL and Arroyo will be calling plays. Not sure if he meant for the bowl game or long-term.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

About Leavitt:
"Coach Leavitt will be here through the bowl game and we going to do anything we can to retain him but we are aware of the many opportunities in this business."
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

pezsez1 wrote:Loving what I'm seeing. He's winning the presser. Loved his answer to the question about being here awhile.
Me too, brought me to tears. Then I remember I never actually believe a good salesmen. But it was very good. He gives a very good interview and I am thankful for it.