Cristobal hired!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Cristobal hired!

Post by greenyellow »

Really love how in-depth and smart his answers are. He knows what he's talking about and deeply passionate about it. You really can't ask for more from a coach than that.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

He gives detailed answers, throws out lots of info, not guarded or defensive.

I thought the reporters did a good job asking him a mixture of softball and medium hard questions.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

If someone can please post both the presser and the team meeting, I'd appreciate it.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

TualatinDuck wrote:If someone can please post both the presser and the team meeting, I'd appreciate it.
Press conference:
https://www.facebook.com/OregonFootball ... 554131244/
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'm sure Oregon will post it on YouTube in its entirety so I'll post it once it's up.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

So he is going to be offensive line coach but not call plays.

This probably should be a thread on its own.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:About Leavitt:
"Coach Leavitt will be here through the bowl game and we going to do anything we can to retain him but we are aware of the many opportunities in this business."
Everybody wants you to stay Jim until KSU finally hires you. We're building a mean team of Ducks.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I love it! Now, if we hire a stud OC to call plays, my preferred speculation will be what actually happens!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

pezsez1 wrote:
I love it! Now, if we hire a stud OC to call plays, my preferred speculation will be what actually happens!
I think Arroyo is going to be OC.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Don't be surprised if this contract doesn't have a "Do Not Compete" clause as well as a mega buyout. He hinted that his contract would show he was there to stay like the Peterson contract.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
I think Arroyo is going to be OC.
That's what the Grief tweet says. It must have been the muffled question after first being asked about the play caller duties because his response to it seemed like that's what he was affirming.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Don't be surprised if this contract doesn't have a "Do Not Compete" clause as well as a mega buyout. He hinted that his contract would show he was there to stay like the Peterson contract.
I'm sure Mario also wants it so that he can build upon the "trust" that he kept talking about. He can go in to a recruits home and say with confidence he's not leaving. He's a football junkie and a lifer in this sport; talking about Brooks and Bellotti also gave that sense that he wants sustained success at one place that builds upon the past and sets a new standard.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

I have no idea how this will ultimately turn out, but I'll be rooting like crazy for Mario to be wildly successful (just like I was with Helf and Taggart). As a fan that doesn't have billions to influence things, what else can you do other than hope for the best?

For whatever it is worth, in the few interviews I have seen with Mario in the past, I am more impressed by him than I ever was listening to Helf and Taggart. While Helf is obviously an intelligent guy, everything about him (his style of speaking, the way he carried himself, etc.) just seemed to lack the gravitas of a natural leader. Willie came across as being relatively slow witted when pushed beyond his short, superficial responses. Mario comes across as being a good combination....an intelligent guy that seems like a natural leader. His stature, the way he carries himself, the way he talks....he just seem like a dude that is comfortable in his own skin. Hopefully this translates to long term on-field success.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

pezsez1 wrote:I want Oregon to get back to being that team that NOBODY wants a piece of.
I pretty much agree with you on everything since you gave up on the Helfrich apologism

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk