Re: Assistant Coaches?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Wow Clark staying is huge.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Wow Clark staying is huge.
I had the feeling that Clark didn't want to leave. Now to keep Coach Johnson and start seeing who we get for the rest of the class. I don't think we're able to hire the new 10th coach until after the CG game so once it gets filled, there will still be a plus 1.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Duck07 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Wow Clark staying is huge.
I had the feeling that Clark didn't want to leave. Now to keep Coach Johnson and start seeing who we get for the rest of the class. I don't think we're able to hire the new 10th coach until after the CG game so once it gets filled, there will still be a plus 1.
Hopefully Clark staying foretells a Leavitt commitment as well.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:
So that means Coach Pimp and Woodie are gone, which is probably expected. Leavitt is a maybe at best. Who am I missing besides the support staff?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck24 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
So that means Coach Pimp and Woodie are gone, which is probably expected. Leavitt is a maybe at best. Who am I missing besides the support staff?
That's all the assistants as there are nine total on staff. It goes up to 10 this coming season.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

greenyellow wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
That's all the assistants as there are nine total on staff. It goes up to 10 this coming season.
Michael Johnson was not a USF guy. Though he has coached WR before like here at Oregon, most of his experience is QBs and OC at both college and Pro level. How good he was as an OC I have no clue, but coaching WR might not be his first choice if someone offered him QB or OC.
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Michael Johnson was not a USF guy. Though he has coached WR before like here at Oregon, most of his experience is QBs and OC at both college and Pro level. How good he was as an OC I have no clue, but coaching WR might not be his first choice if someone offered him QB or OC.
Hm, maybe we bump Johnson to Co-OC alongside Arroyo? Or bump Arroyo to pure OC, Johnson to QB/TEs, and bring in a new WR coach?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Johnson was offered a job at Michigan and turned it down to come coach here because he is a west coast guy. I would assume that he would stay if we want him, FSU is also reportedly close to hiring Miami's WR coach for the same gig so we don't have to worry about him going to FSU.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Who would you guys like to see as the new OL and RB coaches?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Johnson was offered a job at Michigan and turned it down to come coach here because he is a west coast guy. I would assume that he would stay if we want him, FSU is also reportedly close to hiring Miami's WR coach for the same gig so we don't have to worry about him going to FSU.
False. He was at Michigan waiting for the NCAA to clear the way for the 10th assistant and be hired on there. NCAA pushed it back from last April to January 2018 when our WR coach became available and he jumped at the chance.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

karlhungis wrote:Who would you guys like to see as the new OL and RB coaches?
I'd be fine swapping RB coaches with FSU and taking Graham. He's been there since 2013 and coached up Devonta Freeman, Dalvin Cook and Cam Akers.

I'd be lying if I could name 3 other OL coaches so I can't really comment there.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I believe Mario coached TE and T at Alabama for a while. I wonder if he'd take that position and just need to hire OL and WR and move Arroyo to OC full time and Johnson to QB coach with a passing game coordinator designation and Pimp run game coordinator?

With Clark staying that means we've got to keep the band together on Defense minus woodie and get another LB coach. Do we lure Jim to stay by giving him the choice to pick his next LB coach?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Michael Clay might be fun...

I wonder if there are any Charlie Waters clones out there? The dude had a fun defense, and the players were will to run through a wall for him.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Saw someone say that Tosh Lupoi could be in play as a OLB coach.