Assistant Coaches: Comings and Goings

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Re: Assistant Coaches?

Post by maxduck »

Interesting bit about Leavitt from the comments section of the live chat article by Nemec...

Log haulin 15 hours ago
What roll has Leavitt played in securing recruits this weekend?

mikmac00 15 hours ago
@Log haulin He's locked down a ton of Pepsi.

Andrew Nemec | The Oregonian/OregonLive 15 hours ago
@Log haulin None. Leavitt is not a key to recruiting effort going forward IMO

Log haulin 15 hours ago
How much involvement did he have prior to WT skipping town

Andrew Nemec | The Oregonian/OregonLive 15 hours ago
@Log haulin Very little. He's a weird dude. Great football mind, but not exactly someone you want in living rooms as the final salesmen.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I don't understand twitter. Who is "log haulin?"
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:I don't understand twitter. Who is "log haulin?"
Karl, you really gotta pay more attention to your scripts. Before there was Log Jammin with Bunny and her roommate, there was Log Haulin where Brad just watched.
DuckNV
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckNV »

Those are user ID's at O Live

Nemec's comment on Leavitt not being an essential recruiter came up in a few other comments too. I found that surprising, but somewhat comforting that he is not the guy the D recruits have bonded with. I still hope he stays, because based on this season he is an incredible coach.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duck07 wrote:
Karl, you really gotta pay more attention to your scripts. Before there was Log Jammin with Bunny and her roommate, there was Log Haulin where Brad just watched.
I spent most of my time smoking a lot of Thai stick and to be honest with you 07, I don't remember most of my old scripts.
OregonFan4life -
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I told ya'll, you might like his weird Pepsi act but young people think it's super weird. Still, would like to have him as DC.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Phenom wrote:I told ya'll
Told us what?
OregonFan4life -
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Leavitt is gone. Besides dropping the ! after Go Ducks, his tweets now seem past tense..

"So impressed with our players. They had fun on a Sunday morning practice. That is not always easy. These guys have become very close. I've enjoyed watching their progress. Leaving for Vegas tomorrow. Go Ducks"
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

EncinitasDuck wrote:Leavitt is gone. Besides dropping the ! after Go Ducks, his tweets now seem past tense..

"So impressed with our players. They had fun on a Sunday morning practice. That is not always easy. These guys have become very close. I've enjoyed watching their progress. Leaving for Vegas tomorrow. Go Ducks"
This is getting ridiculous.
OregonFan4life -
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

All that matters is Leavitt being honest with players. If he's selling kids on the program and making it clear he probably won't be there, then that's good enough for me. No recruits should be surprised or upset if he suddenly leaves for FSU (or anywhere else) immediately after the bowl game.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

karlhungis wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:Leavitt is gone. Besides dropping the ! after Go Ducks, his tweets now seem past tense..

This is getting ridiculous.
So you don't think people telegraph their intentions through their communications? You don't find it interesting that the enthusiasm with which he wrote Go Ducks! before Cristobal getting the HC job and the way he writes it now Go Ducks are quite different? You don't find it just a bit strange that he wasn't photographed one time over the weekend with a recruit? You don't think its telling that he's writing in the past tense? Since he's not being interviewed I'd say these are all pretty solid indicators of his intentions.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I agree Levitt is gone but the talking in past tense does not by itself mean anything. They are wrapping up the football season and it could be as simple as looking at the past year... or it could be talking about the seniors and their last year. It could be taken 100 different ways. I agree that he is likely gone but the comment does not have to mean anything other than the last year and nothing more. It would be nice it knew beforehand. I just hope if he does leave Cristoball is quick to hire a really good DC. I think it will be to late for any that have de committed if signing the early period. I hope I am wrong.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

My question would be why move on to Florida State to take the same position? There's no chance of being a HC there, either and he's already established great relationships with the players at UO. Now, if a HC gig comes up, that's a different story. But going with Taggert to be FSU's DC makes zero sense to me (Oregon will also be the better team next year, imo, which would boost his HC stock even higher).
DuckNV
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckNV »

DmoneyDuck wrote:My question would be why move on to Florida State to take the same position? There's no chance of being a HC there, either and he's already established great relationships with the players at UO. Now, if a HC gig comes up, that's a different story. But going with Taggert to be FSU's DC makes zero sense to me (Oregon will also be the better team next year, imo, which would boost his HC stock even higher).
It's possible that Leavitt meshes much better with Taggart than he does with Cristobal. In that case FSU would make sense, because likely wherever he signs a contract (even a new one with Oregon), it's going to increase the length and possibly the amount of his current buyout at Oregon.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

It is the last game of the year.