Royce Freeman will sit out the Las Vegas Bowl

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Re: Anyone still think

Post by Duck24 »

nogerO wrote:Royce sitting out was a good idea. Just reinforced my opinion that it was the wrong move.
Why? Think he was gonna gain any yards with the way the OL played yesterday?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Duck24 wrote:
nogerO wrote:Royce sitting out was a good idea. Just reinforced my opinion that it was the wrong move.
Personally, I think the way the offensive line played yesterday was a direct result of Royce NOT playing.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

nogerO wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
Personally, I think the way the offensive line played yesterday was a direct result of Royce NOT playing.
Please elaborate. I’d love to hear how you tie these together.
Duck07
All-American

Re: Royce Freeman will sit out the Las Vegas Bowl

Post by Duck07 »

I think the effect of Royce practicing all week and then announcing the day before that he'd sit had to demoralize a few guys. This game seemed in some ways like the culmination of just too many things going on around the program than any one thing so it's not like anyone should try and put the loss on Royce even if you think he should have played.
dthomas=ddixon

Re: Royce Freeman will sit out the Las Vegas Bowl

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duck07 wrote:I think the effect of Royce practicing all week and then announcing the day before that he'd sit had to demoralize a few guys. This game seemed in some ways like the culmination of just too many things going on around the program than any one thing so it's not like anyone should try and put the loss on Royce even if you think he should have played.
Completely agree. There was just so many things that went on in such a short amount of time before the bowl game that the team couldn't handle it. Personally, I really underestimated the affect things would have on the team.