San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think our coaches started the game coaching far too vanilla. 8 of our first 9 plays were runs up the middle. We should have come out guns blazing and then stepped off the gas. Herbert never got into a rhythm. Frankly, it looked like a Taggart coached game with very simple plays and not much alterations as the game went on.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I think our coaches started the game coaching far too vanilla. 8 of our first 9 plays were runs up the middle. We should have come out guns blazing and then stepped off the gas. Herbert never got into a rhythm. Frankly, it looked like a Taggart coached game with very simple plays and not much alterations as the game went on.
I agree, but that’s also concerning cause there were a lot of miscues, miscues with a vanilla playbook isn’t necessarily a good sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Herbert must have a hot date tonight cause his head doesn’t seem in the game.

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

We look bad. Should be a good wake up call for next week.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

They'll have a lot to watch on film after this game. I can't imagine Cristobal and the coaches are entirely happy with today's game.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I think our coaches started the game coaching far too vanilla. 8 of our first 9 plays were runs up the middle. We should have come out guns blazing and then stepped off the gas. Herbert never got into a rhythm. Frankly, it looked like a Taggart coached game with very simple plays and not much alterations as the game went on.
That's been the story for every game this season. To busy trying to give everyone the ball instead of establishing any sort of rhythm.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Yup
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

FlDuckFan wrote:
That's been the story for every game this season. To busy trying to give everyone the ball instead of establishing any sort of rhythm.
Do you think that was mistake by the coaches? I was hoping that today we’d see the starters emerge and Oregon would look like the team they’re capable of being.

brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Could be worse we could have lost to Syracuse today.. but it does feel like we lost
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Putting Tyler Shough in for two plays is a dumb IMO.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I have no idea why Shough came in there.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Seems like a waste to use Shough in the final minute when Herbert could easily have handed it off.
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

I understand BB is injured and out...but we have 2 other QBs on the roster and it was 45 seconds. Did we really need to see Tyler in there now, burning his 2nd of 4 games, just to do two handoffs?
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:
Do you think that was mistake by the coaches? I was hoping that today we’d see the starters emerge and Oregon would look like the team they’re capable of being.

Personally I think it's the biggest mistake Mario has made all year. He's been preaching culture and part of the culture of a football team is having an identity on the field. Oregon has no identity on the field, there is no established running back normally that be okay if your QB is an amazing talent. Herbert is an amazing talent but its negated by the obscene amount of drops and lack of fluid play calling. None of the play calls set up other plays , it's as if Arroyo is just picking random plays.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Oof. That was brutal. Positive spin is no lack of motivation for Stanford.

Offensive execution was like the Boise game. We need more runs to the edges(use TBJ and Dye's speed!).

Defense was pretty decent except for Thomas Graham Jr. who needs to be benched.

Full review tomorrow on the re-watch.
Last edited by GrantDuck on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.