Fuskies

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

Fuskies

Post by duckfan96 »

Thoughts?

Can’t stand em. Never have liked em. I will root for the river rats before the fuskies. Why do you, if you do, dislike em?

My disdain for em comes from the years of them beating the Ducks, the arrogance of that program(fans team coaches).! I remember years where it seemed like there were more uw fans in autzen than there were duck fans.

Please Herbert light up the fuskies secondary. Restart the streak

GO DUCKS!!
Duck24
Senior

Re: Fuskies

Post by Duck24 »

f*** em. That is all.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

duckfan96 wrote:Thoughts?

Can’t stand em. Never have liked em. I will root for the river rats before the fuskies. Why do you, if you do, dislike em?

My disdain for em comes from the years of them beating the Ducks, the arrogance of that program(fans team coaches).! I remember years where it seemed like there were more uw fans in autzen than there were duck fans.

Please Herbert light up the fuskies secondary. Restart the streak

GO DUCKS!!
Arrogance is part of it, for sure. They think their secondary is the 2nd coming of the Legion of Boom. I listened to their post game show after UCLA and it was, "oh we've handled the Ducks the last 2 years, that should continue." Rondeau was a great reflection of their snobby arrogance too, and although he's gone, I still get that vibe. The younger UW fans aren't as bad(generally), but there's still bad blood.

I also witnessed a UW fan hit a girl directly in the face in 2007 with a closed fist after an Oregon TD and run off. We did manage to get him thrown out..but still.

Browning is also a complete ass out there. Crying for pass interference every other incomplete pass, etc. Kind of player you love to beat.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Dating myself here but, we went up to searattle when Chris Miller was our QB. Fuskies were going out of their way to late hit and cheap shot him all game and finally put him out of the game. Only way the could win the game was if Chris was out...Hate the fuskies, always have, always will. All my kids hate them and all my grandkids already know the phrase "Huck the Fuskies!" My daughters aren't real thrilled about it but hey, gotta bring 'em up right! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Fortunately, my family left Seattle and moved to Eugene when I was 4 years old, so I was never exposed to a Husky game in those formative years. I have cousins and friends who still live in Seattle and for the most part they live up to the negative stereotype we have for fans of "UDub", which in itself is annoying.
"Even with the streak we still lead you overall"! We've all heard that. I did and responded that yes, that is true. But, leave out when the teams wore leather helmets, say since 1988, Oregon 18 - Washington 11, teams didn't play in 2.001. Heisman winner? Oregon 1, Washington 0.
NFL Hall Of Fame QB? Washington 0 Oregon 2.
They really can't help themselves.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Seems like the best approach is to not acknowledge them or respond to
Them. The uw fans have one objective and that is to get under our skin by trash talking and referencing the last two years. The best way to remedy all that???? Don’t respond or pay attention. By responding or engaging with them means they will have accomplished their objective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Anyone else feel like we are going to win going away. Usually I feel like we are going to choke but this week to me feels like Ducks arecgping to crush the dogs!
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Dave "Softy" Mahler. What more needs to be said?

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

When I was a kid I went to the 2003 Oregon-Washington game at Autzen only to witness a big group of obnoxious Husky fans talking major trash to duck fans and throwing food at duck fans then after they beat Oregon the players danced on the O and fans peed on the O. I then understood why Oregon fans hate those dirtbag Huskies. Of course like every fan base there are a lot of good Husky fans out there, but with the exception of LSU fans, Husky fans seem to have the mot and bad obnoxious fans that I’ve encountered. I also remember going to the 09 game and Husky fans put Washington bumper stickers on the car we drove and were running into is with grocery carts after the game. They’re a special breed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

washing-twelve
quackfu
One Star Recruit

Post by quackfu »

Was ington
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Nate Robinson
Ryan Appleyby
Rick neuheisel
Marcus tuiasasopo
Budda Baker
Don James
Jake Browning
Softy
Huard(s)
John Ross

Yeah...I think hate is a sufficient word.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Multiple reasons...
1) Growing up they were always beating Oregon and if Oregon looked like might win then Oregon would find a way to lose.
2) Many years ago a coach at UW told the Seattle times that he felt Oregon and Oregon State did not belong in the conference.
3) After beating UW in Seattle their coach Jim Lambreight told the Cotton Bowl officials they should pick UW to be in cotton bowl even though Oregon had beat UW in Seattle earlier.
4) After winning at Autzen Stadium the players going out to midfield and dancing on the O...
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Nate Robinson
Ryan Appleyby
Rick neuheisel
Marcus tuiasasopo
Budda Baker
Don James
Jake Browning
Softy
Huard(s)
John Ross

Yeah...I think hate is a sufficient word.
Don't forget Reggie Rogers, whom I believe was responsible for the Chris Miller injury in the 1984 game in Seattle that I witnessed. Ended up a convicted felon, one of the biggest NFL draft busts, and finally died of cocaine and alcohol intoxication. A pretty sad life.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_Rogers