Is Jake Locker Injured?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit

Re: Is Jake Locker Injured?

Post by addictedtoquack »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I hate to say this, but Locker being a little roughed up could help the ducks a lot. Let's be honest, he's really all Washington has. His supporting cast is better than last year, but still poor.

Contain Locker, don't help Washington with turnovers, and I don't see how we lose.

I agree. Contain Locker and the rest of the team doesn't have enough weapons to hurt us. They are light years better than last year but still fairly weak, as long as we don't do what USC did we will be fine, and I'm glad to say that Oregon will probably never be as arrogant as USC.
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

Ward's comment about Locker from O-live article:

"He could be the fastest player on the field at any time,'' Ward said. "He can throw as far as any quarterback, and he's as fast as any receiver. Just having that behind five guys blocking would be hard.''

Lucky he doen't have five guys up front capable of blocking.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Greydrake wrote:Ward's comment about Locker from O-live article:

"He could be the fastest player on the field at any time,'' Ward said. "He can throw as far as any quarterback, and he's as fast as any receiver. Just having that behind five guys blocking would be hard.''

Lucky he doen't have five guys up front capable of blocking.
:lol:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckscribe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckscribe »

Muzzle the Mutts! Go Ducks!
Do you need a transfusion of GREEN O Positive?
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

Just a reminder, the pups can't be that weak, they played ND even and beat SC. We will need a very solid game to win. Having said that I think our defence ( in our house they are referred to as the other offence ) will need to continue its stellar performance.

6 our of 6 starts the first play was a pass. I think 4 aimed to Maehl..that a tendency. let's hope the pups aren't watching. I though coming out with about 9 pass plays out of the first 10 plays at UCLA was unexpected and a great way to avoid the expected run orientation.

Locker is dangerous and they are going to be insanely firer up, their fans as well. If Masoli plays 31 -17. If Costa play 28-21. I just don't see a blow out.
pdxduck21
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck21 »

You are absolutely right, this game is going to be significantly closer than all seem to think...
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

ducksvb6 wrote:Just a reminder, the pups can't be that weak, they played ND even
So they hung with a mediocre non ranked ND team... aaaaand?!? I agree with your post, but to say they hung with ND is kinda wack, in fact I'd say ND hung with Washington?!? Just sayin....

GO DUCKS

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
kduxrock
High School Drop Out

Post by kduxrock »

uodux1212 wrote:
ducksvb6 wrote:Just a reminder, the pups can't be that weak, they played ND even
So they hung with a mediocre non ranked ND team... aaaaand?!? I agree with your post, but to say they hung with ND is kinda wack, in fact I'd say ND hung with Washington?!? Just sayin....

GO DUCKS

Saying ND hung with the huskies is like saying I hung with my 4-year old daughter in a game fo P-I-G. Very impressive! :D
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

kduxrock wrote:Saying ND hung with the huskies is like saying I hung with my 4-year old daughter in a game fo P-I-G. Very impressive! :D
:o

Welcome to the board kdux...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

kduxrock wrote:
uodux1212 wrote:

GO DUCKS

Saying ND hung with the huskies is like saying I hung with my 4-year old daughter in a game fo P-I-G. Very impressive! :D
I hope this first post is a sign of things to come from you. Expectations are high. ;)

Welcome to the board!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

uodux1212 wrote:
Welcome to the board kdux...
kduxrock
High School Drop Out

Post by kduxrock »

thanks for the shout out! i plan on being a regular contributor. LOVE the ducks
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I think USC overlooked Washington and the Fuskies were pumped for the game similar to what the Beavers did to USC last year. I don't think the Ducks will be overlooking Washington because of the rivalry and because if they do the USC game is not as important of they lose to the Fuskies. They will be ready to play but it will be a close game.