Oregon @ Washington Game Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

kduxrock
High School Drop Out

Re: Oregon @ Washington Game Thread

Post by kduxrock »

uodux1212 wrote:
swagnatic101 wrote:Anyone else from Portland see the Morrison Bridge? The lights are purple and gold... Those assholes.

Article....

http://www.ducksportsnews.com/blog/2009 ... gold-what/

http://www.lightthebridges.org/index.php
Husky Heritage Week
Date: 10-22-2009
Purple and Gold this week to celebrate the University of Washington and support the Huskies!
Husky Heritage Week?!? WTF?!? In Portland OR?!?!?!?!? This makes NO sense... Gotta be some kind of joke?

Write them an email, I did... I'll let you know what they say!
information@LightTheBridges.org
That has GOT to be a joke. I mean...seriously??? NO EFFEN WAY
kduxrock
High School Drop Out

Post by kduxrock »

This is what I wrote to the "Lighting the Bridge" people. I mean...seriously? Even if it is "huskie heritage week" why would the STATE of OREGON and Portland in partcular, even do such a thing, or even care???

To whom it may:

Clearly the decision makers for lighting the bridges do not realize that this is the week of the Oregon Ducks vs the washington huskies rivalry football game, and the entire state of Oregon (and Portland in particular) is pulling for the Ducks. Why in the WORLD would you light the Morrison bridge purple and gold to celebrate huskie week!?!?! Are you for real? Was this just a gross oversight? Please, PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP, change the lighting to Green and Yellow, or just turn them off all together. Even no lights is better than purple and gold. Please PLEASE look into this. Thank you.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

My message to them:
Lighting the bridges purple and gold? Is this a prank?

If you proceed with this plan, I will lobby to Multnomah County to revoke any decision making you have over the lights on the basis that your decisions have not represented the county's public interest. And I will do what I can to encourage others to do so.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

My message to them this morning... still havent heard back, doubt any of us will... So anyone with $100 can light up the bridge in any color they want?!? LAME. Wow, score one for husky fan I guess.... :roll:
Is this a joke? Husky Heritage Week in PORTLAND OR?!? And this just happens to happen the weeken that the Oregon Ducks are playing UW in Seattle?!? You have got to explain this to me so I dont come down there and actually JUMP off that bridge...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
05duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 05duck »

Some UW alumni paid $500 bucks for it.....its all about the money!
GO DUCKS!

Twitter: 05Duck
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Well played husky fan, well played...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Let em light up the bridge in purple and gold........ as the long as the Ducks win! Let the Husky give his money to the city of Portland!
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

gofightingducks wrote:Let em light up the bridge in purple and gold........ as the long as the Ducks win! Let the Husky give his money to the city of Portland!

He already does he lives in Portland...He is a local Attorney...apparently he found out about the bridge lighting and called up some of his buddies...ten of them gave $50 each and boom it was a done deal....According to the Light brigade...the lighting is first come fist serve.....if you put up the money they will put up the lights....how much you wanna bet the bridge is lit for the Civil War after this stunt...
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

MerDuck wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:Let em light up the bridge in purple and gold........ as the long as the Ducks win! Let the Husky give his money to the city of Portland!

He already does he lives in Portland...He is a local Attorney...apparently he found out about the bridge lighting and called up some of his buddies...ten of them gave $50 each and boom it was a done deal....According to the Light brigade...the lighting is first come fist serve.....if you put up the money they will put up the lights....how much you wanna bet the bridge is lit for the Civil War after this stunt...

Maybe a bunch of Ducks can get it green and yellow before the beavers can make it orange!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

www.twitter.com/duckfootball - Rob Moseley

Daryle Hawkins isn't travelling this week, Chip Kelly said. Not sure about Riley Showalter.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

MFRDuckFan wrote:http://www.twitter.com/duckfootball - Rob Moseley

Daryle Hawkins isn't travelling this week, Chip Kelly said. Not sure about Riley Showalter.
Interesting, kinda makes me a little uneasy. If Masoli isn't able to play for some reason, We got a depth chart of Costa-Thomas.

Potentially one play from burning DT's redshirt. :|

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

uodux1212 wrote:Well played husky fan, well played...
My sentiments too, very well played...let the bidding war will start for civil war week
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Not a problem. If Masoli and Costa were both knocked out, I would rather see Thomas than Hawkins.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

uodux1212 wrote:My message to them this morning... still havent heard back, doubt any of us will... So anyone with $100 can light up the bridge in any color they want?!? LAME. Wow, score one for husky fan I guess.... :roll:
Is this a joke? Husky Heritage Week in PORTLAND OR?!? And this just happens to happen the weeken that the Oregon Ducks are playing UW in Seattle?!? You have got to explain this to me so I dont come down there and actually JUMP off that bridge...
I heard back from them. They basically just said it was a response to an application.

I suggested that they have an obligation to approve appropriate use of publicly owned property and asked if they would also allow someone to turn the bridge red in appreciation of Hitler's birthday "because they got an application". :lol:
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

Maybe if Husky fans donated more of their money to the university, rather than wasting it on irrelevant things like lighting bridges, they would have enough money to rip out their track and start renovating that dump of a stadium they play in.