Wednesday Practice Updates

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Wednesday Practice Updates

Post by MFRDuckFan »

www.twitter.com/duckfootball - Rob Moseley

Ducks in the Mo in full pads this morning. Masoli back in a brace.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Wednesday Practice Updates

Post by MFRDuckFan »

www.twitter.com/duckfootball - Rob Moseley

Linebacker/special teams star Riley Showalter is in pads for the first time in a while, after missing a couple games with a finger injury.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Rob Moseley via Twitter

Welcome back: T.J. Ward, working with the No. 2 defense, flattens a scout-team receiver.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I wonder why they spending so much time in the Mo center...I hope they are piping in noise because will be loud up at the Poodle stadium. Also concerned bout the weather even if clear will be colder there than being indoors unless they have the climate control set for cold. Just couple of concerns.
In regards to Masoli am sure they trying to figure out which is better for him and which gives him most protection. Any word on how he feels whether 50% 75% or somewhere inbetween?
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

I'm guessing the doctors have cleared Masoli to play but recommended he wear the brace not only for physical stability of the joint, but for his own peace of mind. I'm confident we'll see him running on Saturday.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Any word on how he feels whether 50% 75% or somewhere inbetween?
He feels day to day! :lol:
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I wonder why they spending so much time in the Mo center...I hope they are piping in noise because will be loud up at the Poodle stadium. Also concerned bout the weather even if clear will be colder there than being indoors unless they have the climate control set for cold. Just couple of concerns.
In regards to Masoli am sure they trying to figure out which is better for him and which gives him most protection. Any word on how he feels whether 50% 75% or somewhere inbetween?
Chip seems to prefer inside the Mo early in each week, then moves out Thursday & Friday. He changes at will.
Masoli has not committed to a specific percentage of wellness, but just says the typical day to day message. Could be they're just being careful. No sense in giving the opposition a free pass as well. Make them prepare for both QB's.
glazeduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by glazeduck »

Like all of my posts, I'll preface it with saying, NO INSIDE INFO.

Just a hunch...

I'm guessing Masoli dresses for UW but Costa starts. Ditto for Ward and JohnBoy. Call me cynical or suspicious, but I have to believe that the coaches see UW as a winnable game w/out these guys, and view SC, and the remaining season with these guys being healthier as the best way to complete a a successful season.

Again, just a guess. I hope I'm wrong and that both Ward and Masoli are healthy enough for this not even to be a consideration. That said, it wouldn't shock me to have Chip make the Fuskies prep for Masoli, only to pull a fast one on them...

Either way, GO DUCKS!!! Can't wait for Saturday!
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

gofightingducks wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:Any word on how he feels whether 50% 75% or somewhere inbetween?
He feels day to dayer! :lol:
Fixed it for you :D

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Thank you Rob Moseley ~

Last guys in the Mo: Masoli throwing with Tyrece Gaines, and Jordan Holmes taking extra snaps with C.E. Kaiser.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Uh-oh, Does this mean that Gains was denied the redshirt? The only way it would make sense for Masoli to be tossing the ball to a scout team player would be to try and squeeze something out of him this year. Sure hope this is not the case.... :cry:
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Maybe Masoli was just working on some throws since he's been out for a few weeks and needs to tune up for the UW game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

glazeduck wrote:Like all of my posts, I'll preface it with saying, NO INSIDE INFO.

Just a hunch...

I'm guessing Masoli dresses for UW but Costa starts. Ditto for Ward and JohnBoy. Call me cynical or suspicious, but I have to believe that the coaches see UW as a winnable game w/out these guys, and view SC, and the remaining season with these guys being healthier as the best way to complete a a successful season.

Again, just a guess. I hope I'm wrong and that both Ward and Masoli are healthy enough for this not even to be a consideration. That said, it wouldn't shock me to have Chip make the Fuskies prep for Masoli, only to pull a fast one on them...

Either way, GO DUCKS!!! Can't wait for Saturday!
I'm not so sure, if it took a special teams play and a defensive play to make us beat UCLA with Costa, you have to wonder if we'd beat Washington with Costa. I think Nate will play better now that he's seen the field and got a feel for the game. But Washington is a very hostile place to play, and I just think Costa could struggle. :/

Let's just hope Masoli is healthy.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

glazeduck wrote:Like all of my posts, I'll preface it with saying, NO INSIDE INFO.

I concur, however, I hope they work Masoli in for a few series if we get far enough ahead and call plays which keep him as clear of contact as possible - BECAUSE I would be nervous for Masoli to have not played at all for a whole month and then have him start (cold) against SC. A small amount of live action mixed in might really help him mentally.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I would rather have Masoli start against Washington at 80% than Costa at 100%. I doubt the coaches are looking past this game to USC, so all of the players that can play should play and should start.