Of course we want LSU over 'Bama Sat. 12:30 CBS

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Of course we want LSU over 'Bama Sat. 12:30 CBS

Post by Merganzer »

A win for LSU helps the Ducks and puts the Tide in the worst place they've been regarding the Playoffs since Saban has been there. Open: Alabama -7 Current -6.5.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Of course we want LSU over 'Bama Sat. 12:30 CBS

Post by Tray Dub »

I don't really see how it helps the Ducks much if LSU wins. A one-loss Bama has about the same resume as a one-loss LSU, other than LSU's win over Florida. Plus Bama has the history that makes them hard to keep out.

More important is just to root for a blowout either way.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Tray Dub wrote:I don't really see how it helps the Ducks much if LSU wins. A one-loss Bama has about the same resume as a one-loss LSU, other than LSU's win over Florida. Plus Bama has the history that makes them hard to keep out.

The consensus of what I've heard & read is that this time Alabama would have a tougher time repeating history. Their SOS is historically low, and if they were to beat Auburn, it would be a 3 L War Eagle at best.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Tua fumbles going in for the TD, LSU recovers.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Touchdown, Tigers 7-0.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Tray Dub wrote:I don't really see how it helps the Ducks much if LSU wins. A one-loss Bama has about the same resume as a one-loss LSU, other than LSU's win over Florida. Plus Bama has the history that makes them hard to keep out.

If Alabama loses today they don't have another tough game until Auburn. If they lose that game they will definitely fall behind Oregon. LSU has already beaten Auburn, and 1 loss won't be enough for Oregon to pass them. It makes more sense to root for an Alabama loss with the potential for another loss against Auburn.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

LSU defender pulls away from facemask. Alabama punt returner keeps going, 77 yards, makes it 10-7
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Touchdown, Tigers, Tide blocks the extra point, 16-7.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Part of the selection committee’s criteria is “past champions” along with SOS, mutual opponents, etc. so I would think a Bama loss may be worse for the Ducks then a LSU loss, even with a loss Bama has a lot of pull.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Alan wrote:Part of the selection committee’s criteria is “past champions” along with SOS, mutual opponents, etc. so I would think a Bama loss may be worse for the Ducks then a LSU loss, even with a loss Bama has a lot of pull.
Yes, as long as the Committee has as much accountability as the judges on, "Dancing With The Stars", Alabama's, "Pull" will have too much importance.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Touchdown, Tigers! Doubles up Alabama, 26-13.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Touchdown, Tigers, 33 - 13.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Alan wrote:Part of the selection committee’s criteria is “past champions” along with SOS, mutual opponents, etc. so I would think a Bama loss may be worse for the Ducks then a LSU loss, even with a loss Bama has a lot of pull.
Past champions should have nothing to do with it. What they did last year has nothing to do with this year, besides the preseason and early rankings. That's why they wait until this point in the season to vote, so they can get a read on what teams have done during the current season
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Burrow is amazing. I’d definitely take him before Herbert.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

squintsdd wrote:
Past champions should have nothing to do with it. What they did last year has nothing to do with this year, besides the preseason and early rankings. That's why they wait until this point in the season to vote, so they can get a read on what teams have done during the current season
It's the should you have in there that creates the problem.