MBB: #14 Oregon @ Oregon State (Sat 7:30 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: MBB: #14 Oregon @ Oregon State (Sat 7:30 PM Pac-12 Netwo

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks lead 32-28 at half.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Altman's teams are usually known for having good defenses but the defense looks lost and they're frequently leaving someone uncovered. May not be a problem tonight but when we face sharpshooters like Kihei Clark from UVA again, that's a disaster waiting to happen.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

ducks5ever wrote:Altman's teams are usually known for having good defenses but the defense looks lost and they're frequently leaving someone uncovered. May not be a problem tonight but when we face sharpshooters like Kihei Clark from UVA again, that's a disaster waiting to happen.
It's the big men that are bad defenders on our team. Okoro is the only guy that tries on defense, but he's an oaf.

This team needed Dante to be that guy, but he's been soft as warm butter also. I'd take Tony Woods on defense over any of our bigs, let alone we've had guys like Bell, Boucher, and Wooten.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Who is Altman’s big man coach?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Juiston has been by far my least favorite player on this team this season. I just can’t stand the way he plays.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Juiston has been by far my least favorite player on this team this season. I just can’t stand the way he plays.
Unfortunately, he's the only good rebounding big we have.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Who is Altman’s big man coach?
McKenna mostly. Our bigs have developed well in the past. We just have a soft/lazy bunch this year who need to figure it out.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GrantDuck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Juiston has been by far my least favorite player on this team this season. I just can’t stand the way he plays.
Unfortunately, he's the only good rebounding big we have.
Yeah the bigs haven’t been good this year. I’ve been wanting Altman to find a new big man coach for years.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

It doesn't help that PP is 4-14, but he does have 8:1 A/T so far.

Richardson is really the most befuddling guy on offense for me.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GrantDuck wrote:
McKenna mostly. Our bigs have developed well in the past. We just have a soft/lazy bunch this year who need to figure it out.
Have they though? Bell and Wooten were great shot blockers but weren’t known for big man fundamentals, and Bol was just a freak athlete. We’ve lost multiple games in the NCAA tournament simply because they couldn’t get a defensive rebound, and you could argue one cost Oregon a national championship.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Richardson and Matthis both with bad and hesitant three attempts late leading to OSU scores. This team can sure be hard to watch sometimes.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:
Have they though? Bell and Wooten were great shot blockers but weren’t known for big man fundamentals, and Bol was just a freak athlete. We’ve lost multiple games in the NCAA tournament simply because they couldn’t get a defensive rebound, and you could argue one cost Oregon a national championship.
Bell developed post moves and became a really good passer over his tenure. I do think the biggest flaw in Altman's coaching is defensive rebounding. It's been an issue very year except for the Kazemi year because he was Iranian Dennis Rodman on the glass. I don't know the reason for that.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GrantDuck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:
Bell developed post moves and became a really good passer over his tenure. I do think the biggest flaw in Altman's coaching is defensive rebounding. It's been an issue very year except for the Kazemi year because he was Iranian Dennis Rodman on the glass. I don't know the reason for that.
I suppose so, I just feel that our bigs really never have developed much at Oregon, but they do seem to recruit bigs well.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I knew that was game when Richardson gave up that offensive rebound. I’m really doubting this teams ability to make any noise in the tournament. They peaked early in the season.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

The Ducks have a good basketball team...Graves coaches it.