MBB: #14 Oregon @ Oregon State (Sat 7:30 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: MBB: #14 Oregon @ Oregon State (Sat 7:30 PM Pac-12 Netwo

Post by Phenom »

So why do you have the worst referees? Why is it mandated that 2 men refs have to work each game? From what I've seen these crews would be at best high school referees. How about hiring the best refs available regardless of sex and give this top tier product-players, coaches and level of basketball being played, officiating to match the product? OS mugged Pritchard and crew for most of the game and yet we got called for ticky-tack calls all night. What did they feel sorry for the beavs because they were getting hammered? Is there a rule that if you're getting your butts handed to you you get every call and your transgressions are overlooked? Everybody gets a ribbon mentality? Oh wait, I forgot Larry, you are not real good at this commish stuff huh? Go back to tennis cupcake...

Ok you may have your soapbox back now... :)
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Anyone else remember when we thought Matthis was gonna be a difference maker?
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I think this team ends up being a 5 seed that loses to a 12 in the tournament. We are just really soft. If PP has an off game, we usually won't win.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

They just don't know how to put it all together for a full game.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Bigwaved wrote:The Ducks have a good basketball team...Graves coaches it.
Not to criticize Altman but Graves > Altman. That women’s team plays so brilliant, reminds me of Pop’s Spurs back in 2014. Love what Graves has been doing.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

2 games in a row we had pretty bad offense in the 2nd half. As much as I hate his defense, N'Faly Dante will help on the offensive end.
GDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by GDuck »

Agree. Very soft team. Oregon rarely puts the other team in foul trouble and they go into mind-numbing offensive droughts.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I knew that was game when Richardson gave up that offensive rebound. I’m really doubting this teams ability to make any noise in the tournament. They peaked early in the season.
I was just now thinking the same thing. AND imagine if Pritchard was gone. He can't do it all by himself every damned game. This is a soft team. Maybe they will fix things soon. I hope.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Not to criticize Altman but Graves > Altman. That women’s team plays so brilliant, reminds me of Pop’s Spurs back in 2014. Love what Graves has been doing.
I'm sure if Altman had 2 future #1 picks this team would look differently too.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

We have like three guys I actually enjoy watching.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Welp, still not the end of the world or the season. Defense could get better if CJ Walker learns to not foul. The interior defense was weak today and offense was basically Prichard only. Duarte has one of his hands taped up and I saw him grabbing it during the game - may have affected his ability to shoot well. With Richardson and Mathis not showing up, that pretty much means we have 1 offensive player and maybe half a big in the paint. There's still time to change this though....
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I know this is a no criticize Altman zone but damn he did not build off the success of the Final Four team very much.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
The women constantly move and look for every opportunity on O and D. Watch Giomi against AZ. She set screens and boxed people off, moved all over the floor, followed the ball, kept AZ from getting in the low paint. A couple times she screened off two AZ players and our guard did her thing. Who do we have that does that for the men?
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

You all are so dramatic about an 18-6 team. They’re playing very shorthanded with no true big man. Lawson and Juiston are being forced to play the 5 and neither is that. Pritchard looks like he has tired legs. Having to play nearly the entire game every game could be taking a toll. That said, just not a lot of guys that can create their own shot. I’ll reserve judgment until Dante gets back and gets a few more games of experience. Tired of losing to shitty OSU teams though.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

rockthief wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
The women constantly move and look for every opportunity on O and D. Watch Giomi against AZ. She set screens and boxed people off, moved all over the floor, followed the ball, kept AZ from getting in the low paint. A couple times she screened off two AZ players and our guard did her thing. Who do we have that does that for the men?
Nobody, and Pritchard is nowhere near Sabrina’s league. Sabrina is the best passer I’ve ever seen in an Oregon jersey, both men’s and women’s. Heck you could argue best passer in Oregon sports history besides Mariota...

Pritchard needs to learn to keep his head up as sometimes he puts his head down and has eyes for the basket only. But he has no help. The pick and roll is pathetic, guys at my Church open gym set better screens than our bigs, and the guards don’t come off the picks well at all. On top of that there are no off ball movement and the floor spacing is terrible. I just am dumbfounded at how poorly this team can play for really long stretches.