Noise making in Autzen

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

betty white
Two Star Recruit

Noise making in Autzen

Post by betty white »

Where do I get one of those horns I heard about? I want to make some crazy noise Saturday. Maybe I will be buying several of them.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: Noise making in Autzen

Post by bigsugarduck »

I wish I knew! Sorry.

But on the subject of noise making, I purchased what I affectionately call the "Noise Bong/Pipe" from the Duck Trailer/RV, near where the scoreboard is now, in the late 90's, and I plan to bringing it on Saturday! They stopped selling them a decade ago (Illegal now?), but I still bring it to really big games. It is incredibly loud, and is somewhat similar to an oversized Kazoo in green and yellow colors. :D Does anyone else have one of these or remember them?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
bucketz4
One Star Recruit

Post by bucketz4 »

I used to have one but it broke when i was younger. I would blow it when my mom would send me to my room :)
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

Another option is to go to a local sporting goods store and get the loudest duck call you can find (the kind used for hunting) and blast on that thing during the game, which is what I do. I don't hunt, but I received one as a gift several years ago for noise making purposes and it is very effective. It makes far more noise than anyone can possibly make simply by yelling and it is easy to sustain the same noise level throughout the entire game while saving on your vocal cords.
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

I just plan on using my voice in the student section personally, but that would be crazy if the people at Autzen just put noise-makers (ideally megaphones but Duck calls would work too) on everyone's seat then it would REALLY get the noise up. Now THAT would be fun.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I know I'm bring a megaphone & making everyone I'm going with bring one too. It has to be louder then it's ever been. Especially with with Matt Barbie's comments.
DuckInDeschutes
High School Drop Out

Post by DuckInDeschutes »

I'm lucky enough to sit directly behind the visiting bench on the 50.

Those green or yellow mini-megaphones are awesome and work VERY well as do the Duck lips. Personally though, I have found that the combination of the two is deafening! 8-) Yes, people.......I'm that much of a......well....."die-hard" we'll say. I actually position my megaphone so that the mouth end is directly up against the "bill" part of the Duck lips. I would not do this if I weren't in the front row. It would seriously tick-off Duck fans in front of me.

During the Cal game, when Riley would come over to use the phone to chat (errr, get his butt chewed) with the OC in the box, I would start blowing my duck lips into the megaphone. The first time he whipped his head around and looked right at me and shot me this look like...."WTF dude". The folks around me just laughed.

I could tell you folks some stories about the things that go on directly behind the visiting bench. Let's just say that the Autzen advantage is more than fans yelling and trying to disrupt the opponent at the LOS. (Think Robin Ficker. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/22/opini ... ner=rssnyt)

The view from my seat.......O yeah!

EDIT: Image went poof! Weird.
Last edited by DuckInDeschutes on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

DuckInDeschutes wrote: During the Cal game, when Riley would come over to use the phone to chat (errr, get his butt chewed) with the OC in the box, I would start blowing my duck lips into the megaphone. The first time he whipped his head around and looked right at me and shot me this look like...."WTF dude". The folks around me just laughed.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

DuckInDeschutes wrote:I'm lucky enough to sit directly behind the visiting bench on the 50.

During the Cal game, when Riley would come over to use the phone to chat (errr, get his butt chewed) with the OC in the box, I would start blowing my duck lips into the megaphone. The first time he whipped his head around and looked right at me and shot me this look like...."WTF dude". The folks around me just laughed.

Is this Pete W - formerly of Bend? If so, hey Pete - go get um this week. Get Carrol's goat if you can.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

DuckInDeschutes wrote:I'm lucky enough to sit directly behind the visiting bench on the 50.

Those green or yellow mini-megaphones are awesome and work VERY well as do the Duck lips. Personally though, I have found that the combination of the two is deafening! 8-) Yes, people.......I'm that much of a......well....."die-hard" we'll say. I actually position my megaphone so that the mouth end is directly up against the "bill" part of the Duck lips. I would not do this if I weren't in the front row. It would seriously tick-off Duck fans in front of me.

I could tell you folks some stories about the things that go on directly behind the visiting bench. Let's just say that the Autzen advantage is more than fans yelling and trying to disrupt the opponent at the LOS. (Think Robin Ficker. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/22/opini ... ner=rssnyt)

Dude, I am so jealous!!!! I'll be looking for ya, but I'm in Section 23 so I'll have to bring my binocs!
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Search the Dollar Stores...they have a megaphone that is a foot long and the mouth is big enough to fit the duck whistle into. The mouth being large enables you to open your jaw fully, making it extremely loud. When play is at our end of the stadium (we're on the 20 at the DuckVision side), I can hear myself on TV OVER the Autzen noise. Seriously, go search these out! They only cost a buck...buy 20 and share them...I did!
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

This is beautiful.

I remember going to Portland Winterhawk games and taunting the likes of Darcy Tucker among others. I didn't have to think too hard to come up with ideas.

I think it would be awesome to come up with heckling USC ideas. Here's an example: After a bad pass by Barkly it would be fun to let him know that Sanchise would never have made that pass. After an interception, it would be good to remind Barkly why Pete didn't want Sanchise to leave early.

What are some of your best heckles?
glazeduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by glazeduck »

Every duck fan at the game ABSOLUTELY has an obligation to the team and to every fan (like me) who isn't fortunate enough to be in the stadium and yell/quack/bullhorn your ASSES off!

No drinking to blackout in the stadium, we need EVERY FAN for the whole game!!! NO LEAVING AT HALFTIME!!! Petey LOVES getting the ball in the 2nd half against that quiet 1/2 filled Autzen. I'll go so far as to say no bringing fans who WON'T yell their asses off too!

Speaking for those of us that can't go ape$hit inside Autzen to those of you who CAN, anything less will be unacceptable!

Go Ducks!
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

bucketz4 wrote:I used to have one but it broke when i was younger. I would blow it when my mom would send me to my room :)

Haha, This sounds oddly familiar! Sorry yours broke. I have been nursing mine for years trying to save the vibrating plastic wrap stuff, However I think it might be replaceable.

Here is a thought, How about my "noise bong/pipe" with a megaphone cone attached to the end?!?!?! I can't wait to try it!
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."