Re: Opting back in?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Cool!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Treat... please treat. Does anyone think some might come back if the NCAA allows signed players to have a one time do over?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ I think only if they can prove they haven’t accepted any financial incentives
greenyellow

Re: The Pac-12 Needs to Revote on Playing This Fall... ASAP

Post by greenyellow »

Lane and Benton Counties have given Oregon and OSU the go-ahead so now we're waiting on Stanford and Cal to get local approval.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

pezsez1 wrote:I was under the impression that "declaring" they're going pro is pretty pointless and that what really matters is whether they hire an agent or officially enter the draft.

That said, I have no clue where our players stand in the process if this is true.

Per Twitter, Sewell already has an agent. Graham and Lenoir do not.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I think they should get a do over since they honestly believed there would be no fall football for them.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I think they made decisions based on facts they had at the time. They had no idea it would change. I think the NCAA has to allow them to participate if wanted to. In terms of money from agents, they either have to return it or the money is frozen and can not be accessed until pro. Just my two cents.
huckthefuskies
Three Star Recruit

Post by huckthefuskies »

My gut says yes they did. Now they have moved on in life and probably do not want to rerester in school take classes just for a couple of months. Maybe one will reconsider but how fast does the NCAA review board even move? We are looking at like 3 months from completion of the season? I probably would not gamble on that myself.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I think they made decisions based on facts they had at the time. They had no idea it would change. I think the NCAA has to allow them to participate if wanted to. In terms of money from agents, they either have to return it or the money is frozen and can not be accessed until pro. Just my two cents.

But why would they want to? I could understand if it were a full season, Pac-12 and national championships to consider, major Bowl games, yada, yada. But to come back for only 6-8 games, have no national championship opportunity, risk injury, etc.

It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I suppose they may want to try to improve their draft stock, but Sewell is already a lock Top-3 pick.

At this point I think the players should do what they think is best for themselves.

Just my opinion.
John 3:36
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I think they made decisions based on facts they had at the time. They had no idea it would change. I think the NCAA has to allow them to participate if wanted to. In terms of money from agents, they either have to return it or the money is frozen and can not be accessed until pro. Just my two cents.
The way they've ruled in the past is that any player that accepted money has to pay it all back. I think Palauni Ma Sun had this problem over a lunch with ones of the graduating players and his agent and he had to pay back a 15$ PF Chang lunch.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I believe the pac 12 already has test that return results the same day or the next day. I know of two people who were exposed both had test results back in two days. Would a weeks quarantine be necessary with quick return test results? Of course if you test positive yes but all of the negative players and coaches?

As far as Sewell, impossible to say he is a lock at any first round pick but I would feel confident thinking he is a top 10, probably higher...... he will not return unless NCAA goes back to square one and back to required college time.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:As far as Sewell, impossible to say he is a lock at any first round pick but I would feel confident thinking he is a top 10, probably higher...... he will not return unless NCAA goes back to square one and back to required college time.
He is a Top 5 lock, and more like Top 3. Lawrence, Sewell, Fields is probably the most likely order just because of the QB importance.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:As far as Sewell, impossible to say he is a lock at any first round pick but I would feel confident thinking he is a top 10, probably higher...... he will not return unless NCAA goes back to square one and back to required college time.
He is a Top 5 lock, and more like Top 3. Lawrence, Sewell, Fields is probably the most likely order just because of the QB importance.
I am having trouble with the word lock, it is like telling someone at the horse race “this horse is a sure thing”. No such thing as a top 3 lock..... what if he goes four, five or six...... not going to hijack this thread, Yet has became very prevalent the last few days.

My understanding is the pac12 presidents are meeting today and governors have given their okay to play but I have heard if that includes all governors. Is this correct?
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

Alan wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
I am having trouble with the word lock, it is like telling someone at the horse race “this horse is a sure thing”. No such thing as a top 3 lock..... what if he goes four, five or six...... not going to hijack this thread, Yet has became very prevalent the last few days.

My understanding is the pac12 presidents are meeting today and governors have given their okay to play but I have heard if that includes all governors. Is this correct?
From what I have heard all governors have ok'd, and the oregon local authorities have given the ok also. I think we are just waiting on the california local governing bodies to give the ok for contact practice.
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote: I am having trouble with the word lock, it is like telling someone at the horse race “this horse is a sure thing”. No such thing as a top 3 lock..... what if he goes four, five or six...... not going to hijack this thread, Yet has became very prevalent the last few days.

Yes, Penei Sewell and Trevor Lawrence (as just another example) are both Top 5 locks when it comes to the draft. Their physical profiles and body of work over 2 years put them as Elite level draft picks in any draft. This is one of the ways that NFL GM's make decisions in the draft is by ranking who has actual 1st round grades at where you draft them. There might be 32 1st round draft choices every year but there is never actually 32 players with 1st round grades. Ergo, Penei Sewell and Trevor Lawrence have draft profiles that clearly make them Elite the only things left are the draft order for teams selecting.

Not a hijack to bring up something that is quite germane to the discussion at hand. Why people get so sensitive to ancillary comments is beyond me. Without a Pandemic I don't think Penei is the kind of player who would have sat out the season but everything is different now and I've got no faults with any player who doesn't want to come back, especially if they have an obvious reason not to. One thing that didn't happen this year was a Supplemental Draft which would have really made for some great theater for draft eligible players (Penei would not have been one of them).