Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Nick Rolovich

Post by dd10snoop28 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:Lol, I remember the epidemic of racial segregation. When you could catch minority status from being in close proximity with a minority.
Poor logic. The "minority status" should not be the equivalent to getting the virus. It should be the equivalent to getting the vaccine.

However, ill entertain the thought. I don't want to go down the science route, but you brought it up.

Israel - the model example since they are the highest vaccinated country in the world - is showing data the last 2 months where there are more cases amongst the vaccinated rather than the other way around. Additionally, they are experiencing higher cases/deaths/hospitalization in the summer compared to the same time last year when approximately 0% of the population was vaccinated. Simple science and logic to refute a extremely deceptive narrative. Yes, racial segregation was based on an extremely deceptive narrative.
Absolutely absurd to try to compare vaccine mandates to segregation.

No, it's worse because racial segregation was only in America; not a global issue.

That's some pants on your head stuff right there. And the moral righteousness to boot.... Just a total package.
Poor logic = comparing something that is inherent to something that is a choice. There’s good arguments to be made against vaccine mandates but comparing them to racial segregation ain’t it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racial segregation is the most recent thing in American history that comes close to what we are seeing with the removal of people groups from society.

Just curious, but have you considered the challenges that the unvax are facing in the coming weeks? Fired from jobs, lost pensions, lost retirements, moving locations, filing for exemptions, filing lawsuits etc... This is not progress. It is exactly the same thing that was done in Nazi Germany to desensitize citizens from targeting the jews. The president is saying this is a "pandemic of the vaccinated" and that "our patience is growing thin against the unvaccinated" because they are the ones causing the Delta variant. Not only is this not true, but it is building an violent animosity in society against the unvaccinated that is irreversible.

You think I'm overstating things, fine. But I recommend asking yourself the question of whether you are underplaying the significance of the vaccine mandates. Thoughts?
I have, and I understand that it would be due to their unwillingness to take a relatively safe vaccine, not due to an inherent trait like race.

Like I already said, there are plenty of great arguments against vaccine mandates, and I understand the parallels you’re trying to draw, but comparing it to racial segregation just weakens your overall point.

When is the last time in the United States when tens (maybe 100s) of millions of Americans have been specifically segregated from participating in basic societal functions (such as employment, shopping, entertainment, going outside)?

There is the parallel. It's not about the immutable character of the victims. It's about a concerted effort being made to exclude and demonize anybody who thinks differently than what society has been told to think.

The significance is unparelled in our country.. You can downplay it, but the reality is there for anyone willing to see it.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Point of fact. Order Execuitive order 9066 imprisoned 120,000 people during WWII in the US. Many will argue that it was racism due to the fact that they were of Japanese descent, but the fact of the matter is that racism excited against all most all Asian races in America at that time as well as German and Italians, and yet none of these groups were imprisoned. The Japanese American's were imprisoned due to their perceived "fanatical loyalty to the Emperor of Japan" . They were deprived of their property, liberty, and freedoms because the rest of society thought that they had made a choice that might someday, somehow endanger the rest of the united states. Was racism a factor, yes, did it make it easier to identify them, yes but the cause of this mass abuse was the fear that others had of what "might" happen without evidence or proof.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

People are getting lost in Snoop’s point, from what I interpret is he’s not comparing the treatment or the unvaccinated to racial segregation but rather this is the first since racial segregation we’ve seen any sort of segregation in this country and that alone is significant.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:Lol, I remember the epidemic of racial segregation. When you could catch minority status from being in close proximity with a minority.
Poor logic. The "minority status" should not be the equivalent to getting the virus. It should be the equivalent to getting the vaccine.

However, ill entertain the thought. I don't want to go down the science route, but you brought it up.

Israel - the model example since they are the highest vaccinated country in the world - is showing data the last 2 months where there are more cases amongst the vaccinated rather than the other way around. Additionally, they are experiencing higher cases/deaths/hospitalization in the summer compared to the same time last year when approximately 0% of the population was vaccinated. Simple science and logic to refute a extremely deceptive narrative. Yes, racial segregation was based on an extremely deceptive narrative.

No, it's worse because racial segregation was only in America; not a global issue.

That's some pants on your head stuff right there. And the moral righteousness to boot.... Just a total package.
Poor logic = comparing something that is inherent to something that is a choice. There’s good arguments to be made against vaccine mandates but comparing them to racial segregation ain’t it.

Racial segregation is the most recent thing in American history that comes close to what we are seeing with the removal of people groups from society.

Just curious, but have you considered the challenges that the unvax are facing in the coming weeks? Fired from jobs, lost pensions, lost retirements, moving locations, filing for exemptions, filing lawsuits etc... This is not progress. It is exactly the same thing that was done in Nazi Germany to desensitize citizens from targeting the jews. The president is saying this is a "pandemic of the vaccinated" and that "our patience is growing thin against the unvaccinated" because they are the ones causing the Delta variant. Not only is this not true, but it is building an violent animosity in society against the unvaccinated that is irreversible.

You think I'm overstating things, fine. But I recommend asking yourself the question of whether you are underplaying the significance of the vaccine mandates. Thoughts?
Right on point.

Biden just hours ago starts to go after the unvaccinated again: "they are causing a lot of damage," blaming them for overcrowding hospitals and putting "our economy at risk." "The refusal to get vaccinated has cost all of us."

Second class citizens being segregated from government, society, employment etc... right before our eyes. Who will be left? Everyone who falls in line with the demands of the government (i.e. nobody wiling to stand up to authoritarianism).
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Apparently the WSU President is speaking at events about Rolo in the third person. If they were wise they'd shut up about his status so they could fire him for football reasons because every statement they make will end up being litigated for HIPPA violations and he'll likely win and that will cost far more.
jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by jBeavertonduck »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:

Right on point.

Biden just hours ago starts to go after the unvaccinated again: "they are causing a lot of damage," blaming them for overcrowding hospitals and putting "our economy at risk." "The refusal to get vaccinated has cost all of us."

Second class citizens being segregated from government, society, employment etc... right before our eyes. Who will be left? Everyone who falls in line with the demands of the government (i.e. nobody wiling to stand up to authoritarianism).
It is very sad to me that the majority of Americans appear to swallow Biden's scripted talking points hook, line and sinker. We are rapidly approaching a tipping point where a lot of people are going to either acquiesce or fight back.

I never dreamed in my 62 years that I would ever see the loss of personal liberty and the rise of authoritarianism that I have seen in the last two years. Although I have had and recovered from Covid, I fear that I will soon have to wear a yellow badge on my shirt to identify me as one of the unvaccinated deplorables.
SunnyDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by SunnyDuck »

Great civill discussion. I’m not sure a man can tell another man or woman what to put into his or her body. Can I require a full disclosure at my workplace of everyone’s communicable disease status? Why not? Hepatitis,? Flu,? Tuberculosis? AIDS? All for a .03% fatality rate? Maybe we should know everyone’s health status and fire the smokers for second hand smoke that and health issues costing the country,, and people that eat poorly for the same reasons.. Fire people with any communicable diseases. It doesn’t feel right to think in such terms. 3 weeks to flatten the curve, that’s how this started…lol
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Kind off off-topic but it really frustrates me that they pressure pregnant women and women who are trying to get pregnant to get the vaccine with 0 proof that it’s safe for them. It’s a flat out lie when they say it doesn’t cause infertility and their statement “there’s no proof it causes infertility” is as untrustworthy as them saying “there’s no proof of election fraud”. A woman or man isn’t medically considered infertile until they’ve been trying to conceive for at least a year, and the vaccine hasn’t even been out for a year and they never tested for fertility reasons during the trials. So they’re lying and shaming pregnant women and women trying to get pregnant to get the vaccine. My wife isn’t vaccinated for that reason and it really frustrates me to see how afraid she is of how she’ll be treated by her OB and others in the medial field because she simply doesn’t feel comfortable with the vaccine til there are more studies on it with how it may affect fertility. Sorry for the random rant.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Kind off off-topic but it really frustrates me that they pressure pregnant women and women who are trying to get pregnant to get the vaccine with 0 proof that it’s safe for them. It’s a flat out lie when they say it doesn’t cause infertility and their statement “there’s no proof it causes infertility” is as untrustworthy as them saying “there’s no proof of election fraud”. A woman or man isn’t medically considered infertile until they’ve been trying to conceive for at least a year, and the vaccine hasn’t even been out for a year and they never tested for fertility reasons during the trials. So they’re lying and shaming pregnant women and women trying to get pregnant to get the vaccine. My wife isn’t vaccinated for that reason and it really frustrates me to see how afraid she is of how she’ll be treated by her OB and others in the medial field because she simply doesn’t feel comfortable with the vaccine til there are more studies on it with how it may affect fertility. Sorry for the random rant.
Much the same as having had the virus, with verifiable antibodies, and being told that you must mask up and have proof of vaccination to keep your job... The consequences are obviously different, but the underlying governmental control issues are the same.

Good luck to you and your wife!

Despite the challenges, having kids has been one of the most awesome experiences of our lives!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Are we sure Rolovich isn't trying to get fired at this point?
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
Alan wrote:
nogerO wrote:What happened to my body, my choice? HIPPA laws?
He has the right not to answer, he has the right to not get the Covid vaccine, if Washington state requires all employees to get the vaccine then the state has the right to fire him. Just as other entities have the right to mandate dress codes, hair codes, drug and alcohol codes, etc…… and they have the right to protect other employees as they deem necessary……. Enter can of worms…..
Well, all the things that you mentioned would directly impact an employee's performance. I don't see his performance dwindling because of getting an experimental therapeutic; more likely the opposite. Additionally none of the things you mentioned would require said individual to put something inside their body.

Both key distinctions.
“Experimental Theraputic”. JFC. No wonder this country is screwed.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

wlduck wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Alan wrote:
He has the right not to answer, he has the right to not get the Covid vaccine, if Washington state requires all employees to get the vaccine then the state has the right to fire him. Just as other entities have the right to mandate dress codes, hair codes, drug and alcohol codes, etc…… and they have the right to protect other employees as they deem necessary……. Enter can of worms…..
Well, all the things that you mentioned would directly impact an employee's performance. I don't see his performance dwindling because of getting an experimental therapeutic; more likely the opposite. Additionally none of the things you mentioned would require said individual to put something inside their body.

Both key distinctions.
No, this response is why this country is screwed up. You didn’t consider anything else he said, you just looked for a small thing that you disagree with and responded in an insulting manner to that one small aspect of his posts. As soon as everyone stops insulting and starts to listen then we’ll see improvement in this country.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
wlduck wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Alan wrote:

Both key distinctions.
No, this response is why this country is screwed up. You didn’t consider anything else he said, you just looked for a small thing that you disagree with and responded in an insulting manner to that one small aspect of his posts. As soon as everyone stops insulting and starts to listen then we’ll see improvement in this country.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
wlduck wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Alan wrote:

Both key distinctions.
Also, slight correction to my previous statement. When I said "anti body therapeutic" that is because that is the scientific definition of what is commonly being referred to as a "vaccine" by media/public. However, that was true UNTIL the CDC recently altered the definition of a vaccine in order for the antibody therapy treatments to be reclassified as a vaccine.

Yes, you read that correctly. The long-standing SCIENTIFIC definition of a vaccine (20 yrs, with a slight modification a few years ago) was modified in order to fit this anybody therapy within the parameters of what a vaccine is.

Don't take my word for it. Go search yourself.

Just a reminder that none of this is about "science" but about forcing a vaccine for big Pharma profits and, more importantly, extending government control (lockdowns, mandates, vaccine passports) over the people.

You are no more self-righteous if you got an anti-body therapy vs. if you did not. Love your neighbors. Don't fear what people tell you to fear.

Have a gr8 week!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Snoop, I couldn't agree more.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!