Blount Reinstated

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Blount Reinstated

Post by gofightingducks »

I wouldn't be surprised to see some players from the other teams purposely taunt Blount when he is in the game, especially a Stoops coached team, and maybe the Barkrats.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

gofightingducks wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see some players from the other teams purposely taunt Blount when he is in the game, especially a Stoops coached team, and maybe the Barkrats.
That will be expected, but I think the refs will be watching closely and will call those penalties UNLESS they don't agree with the decision to reinstate and then perhaps they turn a blind eye.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Great news, welcome back LGB!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

I would assume that's what will happen every game this year. I just hope that the refs are fair and throw the flags when they need to be thrown.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

ImageShoot... The Stanford band fired the first salvo at half-time, in a game LGB didn't even attend. (Not that that is anything new to those members of a classless society...)
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think Blount will help the running game since now there isn't as big of a drop-off in talent when James goes out. Plus, Blount will be hungry to show that he is better than what we saw in the first game.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Question now is, what will be Blounts role?
midwestduck82
Three Star Recruit

Post by midwestduck82 »

My guess for his role will be red zone back, pass blocker, and that his carries will increase slowly as the game goes on to keep LMJ fresh and to punish defenses. LMJ will definitely be the #1 back.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

If anybody is going to lose carries, it will probably be Crenshaw.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Not that we will necessarily need it, but this gives us more depth for the final 3 games and the bowl game. Too bad we can't get any defensive players back from injury.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Amen to that duckgrad99. It would rule to get Thurmond back. Darn injuries.

I don't want to go way off topic here. Will the new turf next year help diminish knee injuries at all? I've always wondered if there is a field surface that is safest. If there is, it gets my vote. So sick of injuries especially to key players every year.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

woundedknees wrote:ImageShoot... The Stanford band fired the first salvo at half-time, in a game LGB didn't even attend. (Not that that is anything new to those members of a classless society...)
What did the band do?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

freedjr wrote:
woundedknees wrote:ImageShoot... The Stanford band fired the first salvo at half-time, in a game LGB didn't even attend. (Not that that is anything new to those members of a classless society...)
What did the band do?
Here ya go. I'm sure they thought they were being clever. But I truly believe they thought LGB would be returning for the Stanford game, so they wanted to make sure we got their message.

http://www.examiner.com/x-7570-Stanford ... time--show
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

ESPN said that Kelly said Blount will be the 5th string RB this week to during practice. My guess is during the game he will be the short yardage and closer back.
picksix
Three Star Recruit

Post by picksix »

I agree ... i feel like this will be a BIG emotional lift for the team and fans on saturday ( even if he does not play much ) just having back is awsome ... and adds more depth at RB. WELCOME BACK BRO!!!