Colorado @ #7 Oregon (Oct. 30, Sat 12:30 PM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Colorado @ #7 Oregon (Oct. 30, Sat 12:30 PM FOX)

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon going black/yellow/black against CU.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I feel like Oregon wears black every time they play Colorado and it makes no sense every time.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:I feel like Oregon wears black every time they play Colorado and it makes no sense every time.
I don’t care what they wear against Colorado as long as it isn’t those mascot themed jerseys with the orange socks they wore against them in 2016.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:I feel like Oregon wears black every time they play Colorado and it makes no sense every time.
I don’t care what they wear against Colorado as long as it isn’t those mascot themed jerseys with the orange socks they wore against them in 2016.
Lol. Would it ease the sting if we won in a blowout in those? :D
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

JIDuck97 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
If they wore those wacky jerseys in 2014 instead of 2016 then I probably don’t have the same disdain for them. 2016 was just an embarrassing year for duck fans between the team’s performance and attire.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
JIDuck97 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
If they wore those wacky jerseys in 2014 instead of 2016 then I probably don’t have the same disdain for them. 2016 was just an embarrassing year for duck fans between the team’s performance and attire.
2016 was ‘jumped the shark’ Oregon. Bad uniforms, worse defense. Everything Oregon haters loved to rip on in one convenient season.

Grey workout shirts with blue collars to honor Jim Radcliffe. Cool that they honored him, but those were hideous. Let UC Davis make it a respectable score to boot.
Those yellow jerseys with the splatter black shoulders, also hideous.
I like the mascot design, but I agree with you; wear ‘em in 2014 and I love them.
The weird bland uniforms with generic written all over them.

And the Webfoots. Ugh. At least Washington has video of them beating up on Cal. Those would have looked great in green, I don’t care what color Shy Huntington wore in 1916, you don’t wear gold and navy now.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
JIDuck97 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
2016 was ‘jumped the shark’ Oregon. Bad uniforms, worse defense. Everything Oregon haters loved to rip on in one convenient season.

Grey workout shirts with blue collars to honor Jim Radcliffe. Cool that they honored him, but those were hideous. Let UC Davis make it a respectable score to boot.
I like the mascot design, but I agree with you; wear ‘em in 2014 and I love them.

And the Webfoots. Ugh. At least Washington has video of them beating up on Cal. Those would have looked great in green, I don’t care what color Shy Huntington wore in 1916, you don’t wear gold and navy now.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
JIDuck97 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

It’s funny how in those years Oregon’s most embarrassing losses were in games they wore such odd and gimmicky jerseys, like the year before when they wore the Oregon trail jerseys against WSU that got banned after a department at the UofO complained they promoted violence against Native Americans. Seeing gimmicky jerseys definitely brings back PTSD, luckily they broke that steak last week.

2016 is a year we’d all love to forget and while we can complain about Mario all we want he’s doing a good job helping us forget that dark year.
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Didn't we lose twice wearing glitter helmets? Those were the worst.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I think my favorite of the "money-grab" gimmick jerseys was when we went with the pink nonsense and lost at home to arizona.

Not only was it a token act to wear the jerseys (raising cancer "awareness" at this point is a scam) but there was a lot of local news regarding violence against women at that point in time that would have been far more impactful if that was what the goal of the pink helmets was really about.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ I was just telling my wife. Circa 5 years ago, every NFL team and some college wore pink multiple times in a season. Now that the fad (awful to say about cancer awareness / research) you no longer see it. It's great that certain things get more attention, but it's crazy how we can have charitable fads. Sadly, it shows that many never cared in the first place but are just following a trend (see ice bucket challenge as well).
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Looks like a great day weather wise
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

lukeyrid13 wrote:^ I was just telling my wife. Circa 5 years ago, every NFL team and some college wore pink multiple times in a season. Now that the fad (awful to say about cancer awareness / research) you no longer see it. It's great that certain things get more attention, but it's crazy how we can have charitable fads. Sadly, it shows that many never cared in the first place but are just following a trend (see ice bucket challenge as well).
People have also found out that the Susan G Komen foundation, the face of breast cancer awareness, is basically a scam. I would assume that killed much of the enthusiasm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »