Tuesday practice notes

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Tuesday practice notes

Post by gofightingducks »

Per Moseley on Twitter

Full pads in the Mo. Embry injured shoulder but is suited up, Littlejohn back from illness.

Best news. Scout team is getting owned both on offense and defense. Sounds like this team is practicing hard and ready to move forward.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Tuesday practice notes

Post by MerDuck »

either the team is fired up....or the scout team is missing the most dominant player...lol

looks like the return of Blount may have caused some distractions and/or messed with the teams cohesion.....the scout team that is :D
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I hope the defense goes back to way it played before Stanford... pressuring the qb.. tackling.. knocking passes down. if we see a defense like saw against Stanford.. I do not know if can beat Arizona down there not to mention the civil war. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am not worried about our offense.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

They're embarassed and PO'd. I will be surprised if Arizona St. scores more than 10 points this week.
ducklydoright
Two Star Recruit

Post by ducklydoright »

I truly believed while I was watching Stanford move the ball at will on us that we would not see our defense play that poorly again all year. College football is all about "Matchups" and Stanford has the perfect offense for our defense, which is why we had so much trouble stopping them. Moving forward I think we take out our anger and embarrassment on the Sundevils and get us back on track as we approach arguably the biggest 2 game stretch (Zona, osu) in the history of Oregon football.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index ... uesday-pr/

Rory Cavaille and Lavasier Tuinei had highlight-reel grabs on offense, while Cliff Harris and John Boyett made athletic interceptions on the other half of the field.

“These last two practices have been really good,” tight end Ed Dickson said. “The tempo that we’re moving at, the focus of the guys, we’re hungry.”

LeGarrette Blount continued to take reps with the backups on offense. He also played with the scouts on both the kickoff and punt return teams.

Javes Lewis is back from injury.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

ducklydoright wrote:I truly believed while I was watching Stanford move the ball at will on us that we would not see our defense play that poorly again all year. College football is all about "Matchups" and Stanford has the perfect offense for our defense, which is why we had so much trouble stopping them. Moving forward I think we take out our anger and embarrassment on the Sundevils and get us back on track as we approach arguably the biggest 2 game stretch (Zona, osu) in the history of Oregon football.
The team can not underestimate the Beavers, who in the last 2 games have proven to be a well balanced offensive attack. The Rodgers brothers are both spectacular of course, but on top of that Canfield has become a legit passing threat and their Tightend Halahuni and the WR Adeniji are both legit downfield threats. Our defense really likes to bite on playaction, and the Beavers will use it a lot.
ducklydoright
Two Star Recruit

Post by ducklydoright »

Totally agree. We struggle with PA because we are aggressive, especially against the run and I totally expect OSU to try and use that against us. I also expect a heavy dose of TE from the remaining teams on our schedule, because if you look back to the USC game there were a few big drops by their TE that would have been huge plays for them and you know the teams remaining on our schedule will see that. Stanford worked the seams on us as well and if I were ASU, UA, OSU, I would be aggressive with the usage of my TE, because we have not done as good of a job covering them as we have other WR's or RB's. I think this is a very important week, because it will allow us to get back to work on fundamentals and give us a good test before we play our last road game and take on the Beavers in what could be the biggest Civil War ever.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

We used to struggle with PA because we had two run-stopping-focused safeties.

This year, we had two safeties that could cover (Boyett and Lewis) and we were dominating. Switched back to the same run-stop safety config and we switched back to familiar PA problems.