18%
Huskies
82%

Total votes: 45
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Who to root for Beavers or Huskies?

Post by echo31 »

We are supposed to hate both teams, but the Huskies aren't a threat to our Rose Bowl chances. Obviously, if the Ducks win out, we get the Rose Bowl, but having a little breathing room seems like it would be a nice luxury. In order for that to be possible, we need Cal to beat Arizona and UW to beat OS. What is everyone else's opinion on the matter?
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Who to root for Beavers or Huskies?

Post by duckgrad99 »

As much as I hate the Huskies, the Beavers are still our rival.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

If it helps, read this http://www.bustersports.com/blog/pac-10 ... gon-state/.
Just about everyone during the past 10 days, including myself, has written Oregon’s name in the Pac-10 portion of the Rose Bowl bracket. It wouldn’t be that far-fetched if we have to add “State” to that in four weeks.
glazeduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by glazeduck »

I want the Rose Bowl and a Pac 10 championship, and whatever that has to mean.

That said, this weekend I'm a Cal and UW fan, right after being a Duck fan.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I am rooting for the Ducks, Huskies, Trojans and Bears this weekend!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I can never root for the Beavers no matter what. Just not in my DNA.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

hm... 9-0 what our record should be right now... :(
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

I dislike both teams but we need to play and beat ranked teams, so I voted for the BEAVS that way our SOS is higher and we get more respect nationally!

Voting the Huskies guys...come on!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

briarduck wrote:I dislike both teams but we need to play and beat ranked teams, so I voted for the BEAVS that way our SOS is higher and we get more respect nationally!
We don't need to beat ranked teams to make it to the Rose Bowl, we only need to have the best conference record.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

glazeduck wrote:I want the Rose Bowl and a Pac 10 championship, and whatever that has to mean.

That said, this weekend I'm a Cal and UW fan, right after being a Duck fan.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I can live with rooting for the Huskies if that means we have that much of a better chance to get to the Rose Bowl.
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

Torn on this one since on one hand eliminating their chances by a loss is one less thing to worry about. The other hand having the berth on the line for both teams would be an awesome matchup. The Civil War outcome has historically destroyed more Rose Bowl shots than been won by it, being that a loose goose of a no-shot team generally has the advantage over a team uptight with the berth on the line (last year was just another of a long stream of let downs for a prospective team)
Having both teams with the Rose Bowl on the line equalizes the pressure, not certain that the game has ever had that particular significance before.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

Greydrake wrote:Torn on this one since on one hand eliminating their chances by a loss is one less thing to worry about. The other hand having the berth on the line for both teams would be an awesome matchup. The Civil War outcome has historically destroyed more Rose Bowl shots than been won by it, being that a loose goose of a no-shot team generally has the advantage over a team uptight with the berth on the line (last year was just another of a long stream of let downs for a prospective team)
Having both teams with the Rose Bowl on the line equalizes the pressure, not certain that the game has ever had that particular significance before.

It would be awesome...but I think I would rather have it in hand at that point!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

briarduck wrote:I dislike both teams but we need to play and beat ranked teams, so I voted for the BEAVS that way our SOS is higher and we get more respect nationally!

GO DUCKS!!

I would rather go to the rose bowl than get more respect from people, and the Beavers losing would help the ducks. Then again, I don't think Washington beats OSU anyway.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

MerDuck wrote:
Greydrake wrote:Torn on this one since on one hand eliminating their chances by a loss is one less thing to worry about. The other hand having the berth on the line for both teams would be an awesome matchup. The Civil War outcome has historically destroyed more Rose Bowl shots than been won by it, being that a loose goose of a no-shot team generally has the advantage over a team uptight with the berth on the line (last year was just another of a long stream of let downs for a prospective team)

It would be awesome...but I think I would rather have it in hand at that point!
Yeah. I like the idea of the Civil War coming down to a "winner goes to the Rose Bowl" battle, but I think I would prefer already knowing we're going regardless of the outcome. That way, the fans at Autzen can have roses in their hands and not have to look stupid at the end of the game in the event of a loss like Beavers fans last year.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

duckgrad99 wrote:

GO DUCKS!!

I would rather go to the rose bowl than get more respect from people, and the Beavers losing would help the ducks. Then again, I don't think Washington beats OSU anyway.
UW beat USC and played Arizona pretty close. Granted, both games were in Seattle, but anything is possible.