Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UofDuck
Senior

Vegas odds, very interesting

Post by UofDuck »

USC over Standford by 10.5
the O over ASU by 18 - booooya
and the shocker, Cal over AZ by 1.5

I like all of those as we have the head to head over SC and this would essentially elimate Stanford from the race IMO and they have the head to head hanging over us. If Cal beats AZ, ob baby as they still play SC too. I know it gets dicey if USC and someone else wins out and we drop another, but these three wins would work in our favor IMO and would allow us some breathing room against some of the competion.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Vegas odds, very interesting

Post by MerDuck »

UofDuck wrote:USC over Standford by 10.5
the O over ASU by 18 - booooya
and the shocker, Cal over AZ by 1.5

I like all of those as we have the head to head over SC and this would essentially elimate Stanford from the race IMO and they have the head to head hanging over us. If Cal beats AZ, ob baby as they still play SC too. I know it gets dicey if USC and someone else wins out and we drop another, but these three wins would work in our favor IMO and would allow us some breathing room against some of the competion.
The only worry is the issue with Best not playing this weekend...not sure where I read that or if it is true...but I think Cal has a much better shot with Best on the field....I like the odds though...basically it gives the home team Cal a little advantage for playing at home.... :|
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Yea, Best definitely isn't playing this week and it sounds like he might not play again this season. Suffered concussions in back to back weeks and the one last weekend was pretty brutal. Gotta be cautious with that.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Cal has got to step it up this weekend and make a statement without Best on the field. AZ needs to lose. Come on Bears!!!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Maybe Cal will play inspired football as they won't be relying so heavily on Best and some other guys step up. I hope so, I hate Stoops and the Cats!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

As a side note, Washington State might have their best chance at a Pac-10 win this weekend as they play UCLA in Pullman. Sad news, is they are still 17.5 point underdogs. :lol:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

OSU is 10.5 over Washington. Be great if the Dawgs pull off the upset and kick OSU to the curb. Yuck, just threw up a little in my mouth - rooting for UW - what has my life come to? I am just the shell of the man I once was.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

UofDuck wrote:OSU is 10.5 over Washington. Be great if the Dawgs pull off the upset and kick OSU to the curb. Yuck, just threw up a little in my mouth - rooting for UW - what has my life come to? I am just the shell of the man I once was.
Maybe that's why the ducks in your pic there are "burrying their heads in the water" lol...

don't feel bad you're not alone...we all want to throw up too...

for way too many years the only hope of all us duck fans was that the NCAA would figure out a way to let both the Dawgs and the Beefs loose that game...merely because the outcome never really mattered....this time it does, so it can't hurt for us to have a desire for the crappier of the two teams to beat the other.....at least that is how I am justifying it in my head...
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

What if it (OSU vs. UW) ends in a 0 - 0 tie? How does that muddle the Rose Bowl picture?
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

ncduck wrote:What if it (OSU vs. UW) ends in a 0 - 0 tie? How does that muddle the Rose Bowl picture?
I'm so glad that ties aren't allowed anymore. Especially with how amazingly awesome the OT rules are. When is the NFL going to wise up and adopt the same rules (obviously with the tweak of starting closer to midfield)?
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

MerDuck wrote:
UofDuck wrote:OSU is 10.5 over Washington. Be great if the Dawgs pull off the upset and kick OSU to the curb. Yuck, just threw up a little in my mouth - rooting for UW - what has my life come to? I am just the shell of the man I once was.
Maybe that's why the ducks in your pic there are "burrying their heads in the water" lol...
What you can't see is that they are actually drowning a beaver.
Last edited by UofDuck on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

UofDuck wrote:What you can't see is they are actually drowning a beaver.
Sweet! :twisted:
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

ncduck wrote:What if it (OSU vs. UW) ends in a 0 - 0 tie? How does that muddle the Rose Bowl picture?
It might make ref selection for the bowl a little more difficult since any refs ruling a game tied in NCAA football would be fired. :)
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

UofDuck wrote:
MerDuck wrote:
What you can't see is that they are actually drowning a beaver.
IMMD. Thanks for that :D
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

That was a little embarrassing. :oops: