Novak Djokovic

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Re: Novak Djokovic

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duck07 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
Dr. Fauci, public health officials, state governors, senators, and practically every mainstream media and pop-culture voice told our country that the vaccine would stop COVID dead in its tracks.
This is patently false and proves that you never actually checked right-wing claims at the source.
No, it was true up until they started with 2nd shot, 3rd shot, 4th shot.

They used the line that you can't spread Covid if you're vaxxed. They used the line that it was a "pandemic of the uvaxxed." That it was killing the kids and on and on with the lies.

There's a lot they were patently wrong about Pez.
Exactly. And the fact that Pez thinks of this stuff as “right wing” or “left wing” proves how captured he is by partisan politics.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
Dr. Fauci, public health officials, state governors, senators, and practically every mainstream media and pop-culture voice told our country that the vaccine would stop COVID dead in its tracks.
This is patently false and proves that you never actually checked right-wing claims at the source.
This post assumes that people are dumb, deaf, and blind.
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Post by ElPatoLoco »

This is an interesting convo as I don’t watch cable news.

But when I got the vaccine my understanding from Oregon’s health department was that the vaccine would lessen the impact of symptoms. I was never under the assumption that I wouldn’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

ElPatoLoco wrote:This is an interesting convo as I don’t watch cable news.

But when I got the vaccine my understanding from Oregon’s health department was that the vaccine would lessen the impact of symptoms. I was never under the assumption that I wouldn’t get it.

If it was only about lessening the impact of symptoms, then what was the justification for vaccine mandates and threatening millions of peoples' jobs because they chose not to get a jab?
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Post by ElPatoLoco »

My recollection at the time was that the hospitals were overwhelmed and doctors were weary with seeing so many sick patients. Elective surgeries were put on hold. Lots of the elderly were dying in nursing homes. They wanted us to take the vaccine for public health so that there were less super sick people needing hospital care.

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

ElPato, you are correct. That was always the messaging. Some just didn't actually listen and had everything filtered through crazy YouTube and twitter feeds.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pezsez1 wrote:ElPato, you are correct. That was always the messaging. Some just didn't actually listen and had everything filtered through crazy YouTube and twitter feeds.
“It’s as simple as black and white. You’re vaccinated, you’re safe. You’re unvaccinated, you’re at risk. Simple as that,” says Dr. Anthony Fauci.

This is literally all over the internet if you care to to seek out anything that doesn't fit with your worldview. Hindsight is not favorable to the lock-down, mask-up and forced vaccinations crowd.

Nobody here is disputing that Covid-19 wasn't a real virus or that it didn't kill people - the problem lies entirely with the lack of post-virus analysis in how people and organizations behaved in real-time and how they ignored their own advice from the past because as we can see, there were many of them who had a direct interest in obfuscating their own involvement with the specific laboratory and its funding and direction of research.

Not wanting to hold people directly accountable for this is some pretty next-level cognitive dissonance.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

From the beginning Fauci knew GoF was going on and he lied to the public about it on TV and to Congress.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

pezsez1 wrote:ElPato, you are correct. That was always the messaging. Some just didn't actually listen and had everything filtered through crazy YouTube and twitter feeds.
Hilarious. We literally had one of those electric traffic signs on the side of I-205 saying 'Stop the Spread, Get Vaxxed'. That messaging was everywhere, and it was a lie. I understand trying to go back and whitewash the narrative, because otherwise you would have to admit they were wrong, and preventing people from making a living or traveling or attending events was actually tyrannical. Our government was turning normal folks into enemies while letting the people who created this mess completely off the hook.

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-tal ... ronavirus/

Fauci added that vaccinated people essentially become “dead ends” for the virus to spread within their communities.

“When you get vaccinated, you not only protect your own health and that of the family but also you contribute to the community health by preventing the spread of the virus throughout the community,” Fauci said. “In other words, you become a dead end to the virus. And when there are a lot of dead ends around, the virus is not going to go anywhere. And that’s when you get a point that you have a markedly diminished rate of infection in the community.”
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Revisionist history is A+ in this thread. The "experts" all said get vaxxed and the spread stops with you. Then they argued OK well its not stopping the spread but your symptoms will be less. How that's even quantifiable is a joke. My entire family and parents didn't get a shot or a test and we were totally fine.
We were all lied to. I appreciate the friends I have that got the shots and say they don't work and they were duped.

Just watch and remember you were played. It's all good. I understand why people did it but we can now be honest. You took a therapeutic at best, and helped rich people get richer.

https://twitter.com/RedRising11/status/ ... ygr_g&s=19
jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by jBeavertonduck »

pezsez1 wrote:
Umm, Pez, are you really that delusional. That is the exact narrative used to upend our country, ignore our Bill of Rights, and cause untold damage to our economy, society, and populace.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

One thing I’ve learned from this thread: Dr. Fauci is a right wing source.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

If anyone ever needs a bunch of sound bites taken out of context and overlayed with right-wing messaging, that's how it's done! ;)
That is the exact narrative used to upend our country
No, it wasn't. That was the narrative pushed by right-wing politicians & their media in order to keep their gullible followers in line with Donald Trump's unfathomable stupidity.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
This post assumes that people are dumb, deaf, and blind.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'm not assuming anything.