Stanford-USC

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: Stanford-USC

Post by woundedknees »

Dying of EXPOSURE!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:

I hope they prove me wrong and they roll up both Arizona and Oregon State to put an emphasis on the season. I have faith in the team I am just concerned because they were hurt so bad against the play action against Stanford. I understand both Arizona and Oregon State have different style offenses but on the road against Arizona worries me because they also have a good defense. Oregon State doesn't worry me so much because it is at home and Oregon State relies heavily on Quizz and the Ducks should be able to stop him and not get fooled by the play action, then again both Arizona RB's are banged up so they may not be able to utilize the play action either. Maybe I am nervous for nothing.
I understand the nervousness. I am definitely nervous about the Zona game. It just annoys me when fans will give up on the season & sell out cuz our opponent "looks good". We've been dominating teams all season. Furd is obviously a good team that we just plain didn't match up well with. The beevs were rolling last year & we were actually really struggling but look how that turned out. This year we are playing great, better than them & fans are already starting to buy into OS' ""late season surge". Its just annoying to hear from our own fans.
I certainly haven given up. I expect them to win the remaining games it just wouldn't surprise me if they didn't based on previous late season breakdowns. I am not buying into the Beavers late season surge, I think they have been a good team all season, they have won a couple close ones and lost a couple of close ones, they are a good team. Mike Riley has done a good job with what he has.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

USC really should drop out of the top 25 after this. Blowout losses against the ducks and Stanford. A loss to a terrible Washington team. Barely beating Notre Dame and ASU. They have proven nothing this season. I wonder what the coaches will have to say now? Stanford might have the best offensive line in the country by the way.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

It looks like USC's defense has given up.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Stanford in the redzone again. Gerhart with 170 yards. He is the best RB in the nation. He should be right up there for the Heisman.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Wow..... walked right in.
OregonFan4life -
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

No doubt in my mind that Stanford is a top 10 team right now. If Oregon doesn't go to the Rose Bowl, I hope it's Stanford that goes.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Oregon's win at home against USC was impressive but it is not looking all that great with Stanford beating USC worse on the road. :cry: Hopefully none of that will matter though and Oregon wins out.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

duckgrad99 wrote:No doubt in my mind that Stanford is a top 10 team right now. If Oregon doesn't go to the Rose Bowl, I hope it's Stanford that goes.
I am with you. I think it could be argued that they are playing the best football in the country right now.
OregonFan4life -
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

duckgrad99 wrote:No doubt in my mind that Stanford is a top 10 team right now. If Oregon doesn't go to the Rose Bowl, I hope it's Stanford that goes.

Stanford is the best team in the PAC-10 right now. Either Oregon or Stanford will beatdown Iowa or Ohio State (they are tied 24 apiece right now)
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Imagine if Gerhart comes back next season? I heard he has another year of eligibility left.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

WOW USC really sucks 55-21
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon dropped the last 2 games, the way Arizona and Oregon State have been playing as of late. Of course Oregon State was playing great at the end of last season and we saw how that turned out!
Dude are you serious? Because the beevs are playing alright against a terrible team at home "I won't be surprised if we lost the last 2 games". Don't hurt yourself jumping off the bandwagon.
lol exactly what i thought
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

How about Stanford running up the score. Going for 2 when they were up by 27. Ol' Petey isn't going to be happy about that..... next years game should be interesting.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Looks like Stanford has USC's number. I don't think Pete can do anything about it. USC had better improve a lot if they plan on beating Stanford next year.
OregonFan4life -