Stanford-USC

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Stanford-USC

Post by duckgrad99 »

Well, at least the winner of the pac-10 this year will earn it and not back in. In most other years, Oregon would be sitting pretty right now.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

well looks like only 1 teams in the bcs from the pac 10....
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

mdm0302 wrote:well looks like only 1 teams in the bcs from the pac 10....
That sucks because the Pac-10 is the best conference in the country. Stanford can play with anybody in the country and I would like to think Oregon can to, depending on the next couple of weeks on how they play against Arizona and Oregon State we will find out.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

gofightingducks wrote:
mdm0302 wrote:well looks like only 1 teams in the bcs from the pac 10....
That sucks because the Pac-10 is the best conference in the country. Stanford can play with anybody in the country and I would like to think Oregon can to, depending on the next couple of weeks on how they play against Arizona and Oregon State we will find out.
ya i think the pac ten is like one big oregon st.. most teams start out slow but get really really good by the end of the year.. right now there is no doubt the pac 10 is the best conference
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Wow, I'm in shock. Stanford is for real.

Civil War is looking like a tougher game each day. I know Washington sucks, but man OSU's offense has been playing good the last few weeks.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

duckgrad99 wrote:The fact that Stanford lost to Arizona and Oregon State makes me nervous. OH well, one game at a time baby!!!!
The same Beavers that lost to USC the week before we dismantled them? :o Win out & no worries.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

We have an incredible race for the pac-10 title. Oregon, Arizona, Stanford and Oregon State. If any of them win out, they will be sitting pretty for the rose bowl, and none of the 4 teams could afford a loss. It's going to be fun.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

duckgrad99 wrote:We have an incredible race for the pac-10 title. Oregon, Arizona, Stanford and Oregon State. If any of them win out, they will be sitting pretty for the rose bowl, and none of the 4 teams could afford a loss. It's going to be fun.

Best conference in the country, too bad everyone is beating up on eachother because at least Stanford and Oregon at this point are probably good enough to play for the title.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Who goes to the rose bowl if Stanford, Arizona and Oregon Tie? Meaning Arizona drops one and beats us? Or for that matter if Oregon, Oregon St, and Stanford ties? In these scenarios, each team would be 1-1 against the other two.... :?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

bigsugarduck wrote:Who goes to the rose bowl if Stanford, Arizona and Oregon Tie? Meaning Arizona drops one and beats us? Or for that matter if Oregon, Oregon St, and Stanford ties? In these scenarios, each team would be 1-1 against the other two.... :?
Wouldn't BCS rank be the final tie breaker?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

karlhungis wrote:
bigsugarduck wrote:Who goes to the rose bowl if Stanford, Arizona and Oregon Tie? Meaning Arizona drops one and beats us? Or for that matter if Oregon, Oregon St, and Stanford ties? In these scenarios, each team would be 1-1 against the other two.... :?

Stanford, Oregon State and Arizona lost out of conference and therefore would have more overall loses so I think Oregon would go.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

From what I understand, Oregon couldn't go to the rose bowl with another loss unless Stanford loses to Cal since Stanford beat us.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

gofightingducks wrote:
karlhungis wrote:

Stanford, Oregon State and Arizona lost out of conference and therefore would have more overall loses so I think Oregon would go.
LOL...uhhh, didn't we lose out of conference guys? I know it was eons ago, but BSU did beat us. We would all be 9-3, 7-2 in the Pac and 1-1 vs the other two....

Who knows tiebreakers!?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

duckgrad99 wrote:From what I understand, Oregon couldn't go to the rose bowl with another loss unless Stanford loses to Cal since Stanford beat us.
But the same logic would say that Arizona or OSU would cancel out Stanford since Arizona and OSU beat Sanford.
Bigducker
Freshman

Post by Bigducker »

I hope USC enjoys the sun or emerald bowl. I'm sure their fans will travel well :D