Backup PG eligibility

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Should only PG's and PG eligible players play PG?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 23
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Re: Backup PG eligibility

Post by bellsduck »

Craig wrote:Giving existing guys PG eligibility totally defeats the purpose lol
Agreed
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

Not sure I see why we would need to give PG eligibility to anyone else, PG is a DEEP position that's only getting deeper this draft.
Hornets GM
JB
Three Star Recruit

Post by JB »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
bellsduck wrote:We already voted, why more discussion? No one will change their mind in this.
I want to hear why people are against it and also some people didnt vote
My counterpoint is that it's fun. No real reason other than I like seeing Stephen Jackson dominate at backup PG. It's backup. 10 minutes per game max. It isn't going to break the league
Kings
the goat
Freshman
GM: Los Angeles Lakers

Post by the goat »

Question: what happens if a team near the cap does not have enough cap space to sign a backup PG? Are they forced to trade for.another PG?
Lakers GM
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

the goat wrote:Question: what happens if a team near the cap does not have enough cap space to sign a backup PG? Are they forced to trade for.another PG?
In leagues where I've seen this enforced, yes. It becomes tricky post trade deadline with teams unable to sign a rookie min
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
the goat
Freshman
GM: Los Angeles Lakers

Post by the goat »

Zyme wrote:
the goat wrote:Question: what happens if a team near the cap does not have enough cap space to sign a backup PG? Are they forced to trade for.another PG?
In leagues where I've seen this enforced, yes. It becomes tricky post trade deadline with teams unable to sign a rookie min
Seems like there's some potential for nefariousness

Somebody could "accidentally" trade away their backup PG before the trade deadline and get to play a better backup for the playoffs
Lakers GM
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

the goat wrote:
Zyme wrote:
Seems like there's some potential for nefariousness

Somebody could "accidentally" trade away their backup PG before the trade deadline and get to play a better backup for the playoffs
I mean im in control of that and is easily preventable