Florida resident indicted by NY DA

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Florida resident indicted by NY DA

Post by Duck07 »

dd10snoop28 wrote: Diregarding Trump's lack of knowledge of the syste, you think that Trump is equally corrupt as Obama/Clinton(s)/Bush/Biden?
#1 Clintons - they've got the body count to go with the bag count, that's oligarch type stuff. We'll be reminded of pardoning family members again soon, lol.
#2 Biden - it's like people forget he was called the Senator for MBNA decades ago and is responsible for many laws directly effecting the bottom 95%. He hasn't made as much as his former boss, but he's been corrupt from Day 1 simply to just get elected.
#3 Obama - the 60M book deal is some serious side-eye level stuff, but most of his stuff revolves around the sheer lack of accountability towards the finance sector for doing criminal stuff. Add in people like Lanny Breuer going to work for those same companies they refused to hold accountable while talking untold numbers of "paid speeches" via the Clinton strategy and only a moron would think that isn't the same deal as Bobby Bonilla day is, of simply being paid in the future for what you did in the past.
#4 - He was always going to be in a weird spot because of his sheer real estate holdings and how celebrity plays into all of that but it was clear that Kushner was operating in a role more advanced than Hunter and it wasn't appropriate.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Like, for example.... I would expect someone like you to be even more vested in this than a zealous supporter of the former president because I assume you understand the long-term implications. I say long-term, but actually, I think are days are numbered a lot sooner than "long-term".
I'm not sure what I can really do to change what's coming beyond focus on myself, my family and my neighbors.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Duck07 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote: Diregarding Trump's lack of knowledge of the syste, you think that Trump is equally corrupt as Obama/Clinton(s)/Bush/Biden?
#1 Clintons - they've got the body count to go with the bag count, that's oligarch type stuff. We'll be reminded of pardoning family members again soon, lol.
#2 Biden - it's like people forget he was called the Senator for MBNA decades ago and is responsible for many laws directly effecting the bottom 95%. He hasn't made as much as his former boss, but he's been corrupt from Day 1 simply to just get elected.
#3 Obama - the 60M book deal is some serious side-eye level stuff, but most of his stuff revolves around the sheer lack of accountability towards the finance sector for doing criminal stuff. Add in people like Lanny Breuer going to work for those same companies they refused to hold accountable while talking untold numbers of "paid speeches" via the Clinton strategy and only a moron would think that isn't the same deal as Bobby Bonilla day is, of simply being paid in the future for what you did in the past.
#4 - He was always going to be in a weird spot because of his sheer real estate holdings and how celebrity plays into all of that but it was clear that Kushner was operating in a role more advanced than Hunter and it wasn't appropriate.
One of these is not like the others....Is the only charge against the former president the Kushner thing? I'd say that is a sign of naivety and trusting the wrong people on his part. What does he have to gain from Kushner making billions off of the Saudi;s? Naive and dumb? Yes. Corrupt? no. On the other hand, the current president gained all of his personally wealth for himself and all his family by leveraging his position in office to pressure $$ out of foreign leaders.

Another good sign of corruption is who targets their political opponents? All of Biden/Obama/Clinton operated behind the scenes to target the former president. On the other hand, only 48 hours after winning the nomination, the former president publicly stated that he won't pursue any charges against Hillary.

Trump was and is naive. The others are just plain corrupt.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

The amount of whataboutism going on here is astounding. But I'm just going to say three more things before I duck out of this thread again:

1) Have more faith in American juries. No trial is ever a slam-dunk simply because of its location. The jury selection process is rigorous and exists to get a fair outcome. All it takes is one person to prevent a guilty conviction. If Trump or any of the other defendants are convicted then they almost certainly deserve it.

2) Really hate the term "process crime" used to describe a criminal conspiracy to steal an election. I mean, I guess tons of white-collar crimes can be boiled down to "process crimes" if we want to dig into semantics, but a conspiracy to steal an election is pretty ducking serious. So is trying to hide or destroy classified government docs (or flat-out lie about ever having them) after the government asks for them back. Donald Trump didn't get indicted because he forgot to update his auto registration.

3) Quit calling Trump naive. He is a grown-ass man, not a child. If you really believe he's that naive then you certainly shouldn't want him to be president.

Anyway, enjoy the news day. I like what the last poster said about simply taking care of his family and loved ones. That's my focus, too. It's crazy how badly this country has been fractured, and it saddens me that we can't even seem to agree that plotting to overthrow an election is probably the worst and most dangerous thing a United States politician could do.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:The amount of whataboutism going on here is astounding. But I'm just going to say three more things before I duck out of this thread again:

1) Have more faith in American juries. No trial is ever a slam-dunk simply because of its location. The jury selection process is rigorous and exists to get a fair outcome. All it takes is one person to prevent a guilty conviction. If Trump or any of the other defendants are convicted then they almost certainly deserve it.

2) Really hate the term "process crime" used to describe a criminal conspiracy to steal an election. I mean, I guess tons of white-collar crimes can be boiled down to "process crimes" if we want to dig into semantics, but a conspiracy to steal an election is pretty ducking serious. So is trying to hide or destroy classified government docs (or flat-out lie about ever having them) after the government asks for them back. Donald Trump didn't get indicted because he forgot to update his auto registration.

3) Quit calling Trump naive. He is a grown-ass man, not a child. If you really believe he's that naive then you certainly shouldn't want him to be president.

Anyway, enjoy the news day. I like what the last poster said about simply taking care of his family and loved ones. That's my focus, too. It's crazy how badly this country has been fractured, and it saddens me that we can't even seem to agree that plotting to overthrow an election is probably the worst and most dangerous thing a United States politician could do.
1. A constitutional republic cannot function in a society that doesn't understand history, is largely immoral, and is unengaged. John Adams rightly stated: “Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
2. Boring
3. Boring
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Trump announces that he will be presenting a report on election fraud in Georgia on Monday. Interesting strategy to shift the burden of proof in the public eye onto himself. He better have the goods.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 2805150244
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Duck07 wrote:
Weak non-answer.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.
And yet it enshrines religious freedom, including the freedom to live one's life free from mythological shackles.

Also, morality is completely subjective. Like, I thought Anonymous Florida Man was incredibly immoral for trying to steal the election in Georgia. But most repubs don't seem to have a problem with that so maybe we shouldn't grandstand about morality.

I mean, what are you even talking about here? I know you're a super-passionate right-winger -- and that a growing number of folks on the right aren't exactly connoisseurs of democracy -- but damn.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Also, they really need to start weighing people who are being arrested in Fulton County. If Anonymous Florida Man is 215 lbs then I'm 7'5" tall. I mean that's a total joke. :lol: I actually stood 6'4" and weighed 225 a couple years ago and there's literally no way AFM is in that good of shape. I mean just look at him.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

pezsez1 wrote:
And yet it enshrines religious freedom, including the freedom to live one's life free from mythological shackles.

Also, morality is completely subjective. Like, I thought Anonymous Florida Man was incredibly immoral for trying to steal the election in Georgia. But most repubs don't seem to have a problem with that so maybe we shouldn't grandstand about morality.

I mean, what are you even talking about here? I know you're a super-passionate right-winger -- and that a growing number of folks on the right aren't exactly connoisseurs of democracy -- but damn.
Just going to leave this here:
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'm obviously not going to watch a video montage with video footage cherrypicked from throughout the years -- probably with a good amount of the usual comments of candidates basically wanting recounts in close races -- but are you honestly trying to draw an equivalency between anything else in our lifetimes with Trump potentially running a conspiracy to overturn an election that he lost?

I get it that a large percentage of repubs think he won, but I'm hopeful that on this forum we can at least agree that he lost -- which he did.

The whataboutism and false equivalencies here are both predictable and staggering, but come on, folks... why even bother pretending? I saw that clip from the repub debate when most of candidates raised their hands and said they'd support Trump even if he's guilty of these crimes. I know that's where we are. So let's just cut the BS and be where we're at.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

pezsez1 wrote:I'm obviously not going to watch
You lost me after this.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Why, because I wouldn't watch your BS video which shows zero minutes of Democrats engaged in criminal acts to literally overturn elections they lost?

Do I need to start a new thread for American politicans who haven't tried to overturn elections they've lost? :lol:
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:

You have perfectly - and I mean perfectly - demonstrated John Adams' point.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:

Also not surprised that you purposefully misquoted me. I said our "constitution republic".... not our "constitution".