MBB C N'Faly Dante returning

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MBB C N'Faly Dante returning

Post by greenyellow »

In a bit a of good news, MBB C N'Faly Dante will be returning for another year.
GrantDuck
Senior

Re: MBB C N'Faly Dante returning

Post by GrantDuck »

Seemed to be ther umor one he was still on campus and Ware left.

Great to get confirmation.

He can still work on his range and his passing. He should watch some Sabonis videos.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ware leaving makes a lot more sense now. Welcome back!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Will Altman learn in the offseason how to run an offense with a big man?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:Will Altman learn in the offseason how to run an offense with a big man?
I sure hope so! Perhaps the hardest part of watching them run an iso through Dante is how the wings just simply sit and watch. Dante is a good passer down low but could work on finding the open guy on the perimeter, though maybe with last season’s crappy shooters there was a reason he never passed outside.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Will Altman learn in the offseason how to run an offense with a big man?
I sure hope so! Perhaps the hardest part of watching them run an iso through Dante is how the wings just simply sit and watch. Dante is a good passer down low but could work on finding the open guy on the perimeter, though maybe with last season’s crappy shooters there was a reason he never passed outside.
Standing around on offense is a cardinal sin, imo. There is nothing easier to guard in basketball than a wing standing still. even if you are Iso on one side, run some screen actions on the weakside to at least make the defense move and defend.

The standing around on offense happened way to much this season.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

spacefrog13x wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Standing around on offense is a cardinal sin, imo. There is nothing easier to guard in basketball than a wing standing still. even if you are Iso on one side, run some screen actions on the weakside to at least make the defense move and defend.

The standing around on offense happened way to much this season.
Couldn’t agree more, the Warriors have won a few championships mainly due to how much their wings move with and without the ball. If Altman can land Bronny, I don’t think that’ll be an issue anymore next season with him, Shelstad, and Evans/Cook on the floor.

My biggest issue with Dante coming back is how he and Bittle work together, really felt like Bittle didn’t play with confidence/aggression til Dante was out. If we can have normal Dante with NIT Bittle that’ll be one really dangerous combo.