Blazers 2023-2024 Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Blazers 2023-2024 Thread

Post by Duck07 »

The Draft is on Thursday and the Blazers still hold onto the #3 pick.

I think Charlotte is going to take Scoot and the Blazers will draft Brandon Miller. Whether Miller remains a Blazer by the time the night is over, we'll find out.

I also think the team will find the trade returns for Simons far more agreeable than the ones they'll get for Lillard.

A future Lillard-Sharpe-Miller-Grant 1-4 could put up a lot of offensive firepower after a year of working together.
dthomas=ddixon

Re: Blazers 2023-2024 Thread

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

As a blazer observer, not fan, I’m fascinated to see how they screw this up.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Sounds like whoever drafts Scoot will trade him for Zion.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Please, Charlotte, draft Scoot, and keep the Blazers from making a really stupid trade just to keep Lillard happy.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Boom wrote:Sounds like whoever drafts Scoot will trade him for Zion.

Smart trade. Landing a guy who played 25% of the games. Solid idea.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Everything I've seen has said that scoot will go at 3 unless NO trades into the 2 spot. Portland isn't interested in zion for 3 trade. There's to much injury history, and McCollum has probably informed Lillard of his motivation issues. It's looking increasingly more likely that portland will keep the 3rd pick and Lillard, unless there's something out there that is being kept quiet
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Should be good! I'd rather we give Lillard help than draft a PG who can't shoot the 3. If Miller is available at pick 3 then I'd be fine taking him.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

If I'm Portland brass, with Paul going to Washington, I might look to see if there's a trade to made there, or wait for a possible buyout. Paul is towards the end of his career, but can still seriously help a team like Portland that's in need of a true PG off the bench.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

squintsdd wrote:If I'm Portland brass, with Paul going to Washington, I might look to see if there's a trade to made there, or wait for a possible buyout. Paul is towards the end of his career, but can still seriously help a team like Portland that's in need of a true PG off the bench.
Looks like Paul is wanting the Lakers, Clippers, or Warriors as his next team.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Paul is towards the end of his career, but can still seriously help a team like Portland that's in need of a true PG off the bench.
I wouldn't want to pay big $$$ for a backup PG on a guard-heavy team, especially if we end up picking Scoot who could very well become first off the bench behind Dame and Sharpe.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

DraftKings has Lillard down to -185 odds to play his next minute of basketball in Portland, which implies about a 60% chance. The next most likely team by far is Miami. I've been in the trade Lillard camp, but if it's a straight-up deal with the Heat, that'll be pretty disappointing because the draft capital they can offer isn't great and I really don't care much about Herro or Duncan Robinson. Now if it's a three-team trade, that could make things more interesting.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

pezsez1 wrote:
Paul is towards the end of his career, but can still seriously help a team like Portland that's in need of a true PG off the bench.
I wouldn't want to pay big $$$ for a backup PG on a guard-heavy team, especially if we end up picking Scoot who could very well become first off the bench behind Dame and Sharpe.
If he gets a buyout I don't think it would cost much. The only problem would be convincing him to come to Portland, and we all know how easy it is to convince high caliber free agents to come here
Last edited by squintsdd on Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

greenyellow wrote:
squintsdd wrote:If I'm Portland brass, with Paul going to Washington, I might look to see if there's a trade to made there, or wait for a possible buyout. Paul is towards the end of his career, but can still seriously help a team like Portland that's in need of a true PG off the bench.
Looks like Paul is wanting the Lakers, Clippers, or Warriors as his next team.
And he would probably fit best with the Lakers, but if his thought process is to win that elusive championship, then he should consider Denver as well. He would fit well with them coming off the bench
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Tray Dub wrote:DraftKings has Lillard down to -185 odds to play his next minute of basketball in Portland, which implies about a 60% chance. The next most likely team by far is Miami. I've been in the trade Lillard camp, but if it's a straight-up deal with the Heat, that'll be pretty disappointing because the draft capital they can offer isn't great and I really don't care much about Herro or Duncan Robinson. Now if it's a three-team trade, that could make things more interesting.

There is literally nothing Miami would offer that would make a trade worth it for Portland. And after the trade PHX just made, I don’t see Portland getting a great deal from anyone. Dame is a blazer, unless he sits out or Jody just wants to tank another year. Because we aren’t landing anything near what Portland fans think the blazers should get.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

There is literally nothing Miami would offer that would make a trade worth it for Portland. And after the trade PHX just made, I don’t see Portland getting a great deal from anyone. Dame is a blazer, unless he sits out or Jody just wants to tank another year. Because we aren’t landing anything near what Portland fans think the blazers should get.
And honestly, if we end up keeping the pick and Dame wants to stay, then there's no reason why he shouldn't. Sure, his salary is huge, but he's a top player in this league and the kind of leader you want around younger players. He's also an amazing representative for our city/state and our organization -- that stuff doesn't win championships, but as a longtime fan, it definitely matters.

You get what you pay for, and Dame is worth every last penny. Definitely wouldn't want to trade him away for pocket lint. Hopefully we can at least give him a sensible roster to work with.