USC / UCLA

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

wlduck
Sophomore

Re: USC / UCLA

Post by wlduck »

stewbertwilloughby wrote:No, calling a time out right when the other team takes a knee with 45 sec left is what you do, unless you've conceded the loss. Calling a time out with 5 sec to go when the other team and it's fans begin celebrating just to try and ruin it is pathetic(see 2007). Going for a bomb and taunting the other team because the other team called a time out is what losers do. Don't get me wrong, I hate neuweasel just as much as the next Duck fan, but carroll is just a complete douche.
But if your opponent has not conceded the loss, then you can not assume the victory. I have no problem with the bomb after the timeout. The behavior after that was classless.
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

Well, it definitely fueled the fire of that rivalry for the coming years.
MacDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by MacDuck »

Ricky used poor judgment calling the timeout when down 14 pts with under a minute, esp after USC had taken a knee on lst down. He had every right to do so since he was probably wanting to force a punt, etc., but nonetheless, poor judgment. Then he topped it off by not having his team ready by assuming Petey was just going to continue taking a knee.

Did Carroll have to throw the bomb in retaliation for Neu calling the timeout? Absolutely not!! He could have taken the high road, but this is the primary ghist of my post. When has Carroll ever taken the HIGH ROAD?

1. he celebrated after the TD like he had just won on a last second play.
2. he acted the sore loser after Harbaugh went for 2 a few wks ago.
3. he did the infamous FU bombs at Bellotti a few yrs ago when Mike had every right to get that call reversed (though MB over reacted himself).
4. he routinely yucks it up with his players, even when they're acting like juveniles. He did this in Autzen in '05 and has repeated the same behavior countless times.

The bottomline is he rarely takes the high road. He is classless IMO and always will be. Neu is cut from the same cloth. The only thing holding him down these days is losing. Once he starts winning again then it's very likely he'll exhibit the same tendencies.
Last edited by MacDuck on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

You're right MacDuck. Petey has never been one to have any class and Weasel has proven to be one in the past as well. I guess that's what rivalries are all about, right? Last night just notched it up even more. Unfortunately, douchebag behavior coming from the coaches spills down to the players and the price could become high at one point.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

I dont care if They throw bomb on Ucla after timeout, Its sweet to see RN's face after they scored. I never forget what he did agaisnt us when he was coaching colorado. Fake punt td after they lead like 21 points in 4-5 min left of 4th quarter.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

chump01284 wrote:I dont care if They throw bomb on Ucla after timeout, Its sweet to see RN's face after they scored. I never forget what he did agaisnt us when he was coaching colorado. Fake punt td after they lead like 21 points in 4-5 min left of 4th quarter.

Yeah, but what happened yesterday had nothing to do with the Colorado move against Oregon several years ago. I don't care who you are, you don't throw a long bomb like that when you are up two touchdowns with 40 seconds to go. It's a cheap shot whether you like the opposing coach or not. USC also had a player in a pony tail leading the team to jumping jacks after the score. If I was a parent, no way in hell I would want my kid to play for USC after that.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

duckgrad99 wrote:
chump01284 wrote:I dont care if They throw bomb on Ucla after timeout, Its sweet to see RN's face after they scored. I never forget what he did agaisnt us when he was coaching colorado. Fake punt td after they lead like 21 points in 4-5 min left of 4th quarter.

Yeah, but what happened yesterday had nothing to do with the Colorado move against Oregon several years ago. I don't care who you are, you don't throw a long bomb like that when you are up two touchdowns with 40 seconds to go. It's a cheap shot whether you like the opposing coach or not. USC also had a player in a pony tail leading the team to jumping jacks after the score. If I was a parent, no way in hell I would want my kid to play for USC after that.
What will u do if other team is going to call 2 timeout after u take a knee? r u going to take 1 more knee down and have them call timeout? there is no way im going to let them call timeout everytime i take a knee. Am not giving them a chance to get ball back.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

chump01284 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:

What will u do if other team is going to call 2 timeout after u take a knee? r u going to take 1 more knee down and have them call timeout? there is no way im going to let them call timeout everytime i take a knee. Am not giving them a chance to get ball back.

Yes, I would take a knee. Don't stoop to another coaches level. Show that you are the bigger person. Oh well, I think we can all agree that both coaches have no class.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

plus it wasnt pete that called the play, It was Bates calling that play and Pete approved it.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

If USC defeats UA they probably go to Holiday Bowl, unless we lose to the Beavers. Lose and they would finish behind UA, Cal, Stanford, and the Beavers with 4 losses. After we beat the Beavs, I'm cheering for UA. Send USC to the bowl in San Francisco or maybe they can get an invite to the one in Boise, Id.